Let's Make a Bet

Chapter 1

The department store was crowded from the holidays quickly aproaching. Between the shoppers hustling and bustling, Kurt could barely see where he was going. The Macy's store was large and confusing to Kurt, but he managed to find his way around within the first week or two on the job. But, he wasn't ready for this. All the shoppers, all the call-ups,and all the stressful hours. He just needed to unwind and take a break from it all, but money was money and he needed money to help pay for NYADA. If anything, he NEEDED to go to NYADA. He was born to sing and perform and that was that.

He almost tripped on a misplaced box when he saw him. A slightly shorter costumer. He had black, gelled hair and a nice build. His eyes were soft and charming and his fashion sense was obviously up to par. He was gorgeous. He had a red pair of designer jeans and a black polo shirt with a yellow bow tie held in his hands.

" Damm", Kurt thought to himself.

He suddenly found himself gravitating towards the costomer. A cashier, Bella, left a register.

" My shift is over and you seem pretty bored, so have fun." , she said simply as she picked up her purse and walked out of the store.

Kurt quickly took his place at the register and started to check people out untill he came across the man. Up close, the man was even better looking. His lips were thin and pink and he had high cheekbones.

" Thank you for shopping at Macy's. Did you find all you were looking for today? " , Kurt said as he was instructed.

" Uh yah thanks", the man said. He smiled softly as he found perfect rows of snow-white teeth. Kurt finished scanning his items and gently set them in the bag

" Your total is $150.78", Kurt said .

" Um that can't be right the sign for my jeans said that they were on sale for $71." the costomer replied back in a confusing manner.

" Sir, I'm afraid that the scanner said you jeans were regular price. Sorry. "Kurt replied nervously. This hadn't happened yet and he didn't know what to do. Did you scan the item again? Ultimatly, he called the assistant manager, Betty, for help.

" Let's see.... Sir, I'm afriad that the sign should of been taken down a couple days ago. I'm not sure why it's still there, but we are extremely sorry for the inconvienance.", Bettey replied with a shrug.

" That's okay. I will get the pants anyways please." He said digging for his credit card in his oversized wallet.

" That's nice, those jeans would look nice on you anyways", Kurt slipped. He froze. Was he supposed to say things like that? Did the man hear him say that or was he slightly freaked out? Either way, Kurt quickly pushed away the thought when the man smiled and nodded while procceding to swipe his card. " Thank you for shopping at Macy's! Come shop with us again!"

"I will", the man retorted with a wink then grabbed the bag and left the store.

Kurt just kinda stood there agnowloging the fact that a cute, and probably gay customer just winked and flirted with him. Kurt just hoped nobody really noticed the blush that formed onto his face.

*********

"I'm telling you Rach, he was totally into me. I just hope I didn't freak him out or anything. He was actually kinda cute. " , Kurt gushed as he sat with his coffee in hand.

" I just don't see why you would be so excited. He was just a cute boy. You will probably never see him again so I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything. " Rachel Berry retorted. After Kurt's shift ended Rachel picked him up and they went to a nearby coffee shop, the Lima Bean.