Griffin Evans

Knowing Griffin's name gave me sort of an attachment to him. All this time, I knew of only a face, with no name to match it to. It's as if my brain was waiting for me to fill in the blank space.

He looked at me with wide eyes, probably wondering if he heard correctly or if his mind was playing tricks on him. I tuned the doctor out as he repeated the same questions over and over, desperate for me to answer them.

We stared into each other's eyes, somehow having a silent conversation to which he was asking, "Do you remember?"

Although I knew his name, I still didn't know our story. I just knew that I was connected to him in a way stronger than others. He wasn't a relative, no. He wasn't a friend. He was something more. Something that made me breathe. A lifeline.

The doctor eventually got the message and left the room quietly. Griffin sat down and clasped my hand in his. I felt him give it a strong squeeze and he brought it to his mouth. I felt a small, almost familiar kiss placed on my ring finger. I thought nothing of this, with my mind already in jumbles.

I knew he was crying. Why, I don't know. I knew his name. That's one element out of thousands.

"What do you remember?" he asked me shakily.

"Only your name. I feel like it's way more important than just that, though," I told him.

He nodded sadly. I could tell he wanted to spill everything he knew into my hands, but for some odd reason that I did not know of, he couldn't.

"You'll get more soon. If you remember my name, then it's just around the corner when you'll remember our life."

I agreed, and began thinking again. It seemed like that's the only thing I tended to do now. Think. Think about my life. His life. Our life.

"What's your last name?" I questioned.

"Evans."

Evans. Griffin Evans. It sounded so sophisticated, like he could be Vice President or something.

"Are you having fun dissecting my last name?" he smirked at me. I blushed.

"Just curious," I shyly replied.

He smiled, and for a second I wasn't worried. I wasn't worried about my memories, or who he was, or what happened to me. All I knew, was that I was happy right now.

And I knew he was too.

"Do you remember how we met?" He asked me.

I thought back to my first dream, wondering if that could be our first encounter. It couldn't be. He seemed to recognize me when his eyes fell on my face.

"No"

He shifted in his seat, getting comfortable.

"Well let me tell you again."

My eyes were hopeful, finally getting some of the answers I desired.

"Once upon a time, in a far away land-"

"No, Griffin stop," I laughed, the stitches on my stomach lightly pulsing with each chuckle.