Part One

''Tomlinson,wait up!'' Liam sprinted after me clutching two coffees. Handing one to me, we sipped whilst we strolled.''D'you reckon you'll make first team, then Lou?''

We turned a corner as Liam queried about my expectations. It was a late Summers day, where the clouds curled into the blue skies.

I'd been Westbroms best player for two years now, yet my placement in this seasons squad was still being considered. To me, the answer was as clear as glass.Without me the teams defence would fall apart. I'd kept my secret hidden and I played well, I deserve it.

I scoffed as Liam drank his beverage.''Is that even a question? I'll be on the team, you on the other hand....''

I laughed as Liam punched my arm,''wait and see Tomlinson, wait and see.''

''I'm not the waiting type Payne.''

We took our seats in the boardroom as the rest of the team shuffled in. In a matter of minutes, every seat at the circular table was occupied. There was no banter as nerves became apparent on peoples faces. Some would make the first team naturally, others would be relegated to the bench, whilst more might not ever wear the jersey again. I was the natural one.

Suddenly the door slammed shut as Coach Mel sauntered in. I bit my lip subconsciously as he wrote 'Team Of 2014/15' on the board. Some clown started drumming on the table. I laughed as Zayn threw a sandwich at him. ''Waste of food Malik,'' I joked.

''You've got to make sacrifices some times,'' Zayn laughed.

''Malik, Tomlinson, shut up,'' Coach Mel turned around clutching a clipboard.

''Sorry sir,'' Zayn mumbled as I held in my laughter.

Coach didn't even take a seat as he turned on the projector.''Due to the large quantity of you and your varying relationships,'' he began,''this seasons squad will appear on the screen instead of being called out. I'm not feeling well, so if you have any questions, I'll be in the office.''

I felt like screaming. What a fucking joke! Due to the large quantity of you...more like due to the fact that I'm a spineless coward, I'll leave you here to see whether you'll get your next paycheck or not!

Coach Mel pratically shot out of the room, leaving us to find out our fate.Everyone looked at each other as we raced to the board,pushing and shoving to get a better look.

Please say I'm there, please say I'm there....Liam picked me up out of no-where and twirled me around.''We made it Tommo! First team baby!''

Oh my God, there I was; number 17 central defender. I made it! I made it!

''Told you Payne, Tommo sense never fails,'' I shrugged. My happiness was dampened as I looked around at people crying, some yelling. I took a closer look at the board, hoping that my mates had made it. Zayn was there,number 10. Liam resumed his place as striker; Niall as goalie.

Where's Stan? Oh no, don't say....

''I didn't make it,'' said Stan, his eyes rimmed red.''Styles took my place.

''Who the fuck is Styles?''

''Er...that'd be me.''

We turned around to some curly haired, green eyed teen.''I'm Harry.''