Part Seven

It'd been a day since 'The Unfortunate Pub Incident'' and I was clueless as to what to do. So I'd headed to Harrys, the only person I considered to be a friend right now.

''Two sugars yeah?'' Harry yelled from the kitchen where he was making tea.

''Yep.'' I snuggled back on Harrys bed, hugging a pillow.

Harrys bedroom smelled like chocolate chips and deodorant. He had a comfy bed and a scruffy beanbag in the corner but unlike the other rooms, there were no pictures.

Harry came in, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth as he juggled two cups of tea. He settled down next to me, handing me a mug. He blew at his tea before speaking. ''What did you do when he puked on you?'

I shrugged. ''I took him home. Then left.''

''So you didn't talk to him?''

''How could I? He was pissed, Haz.''

''Haz?'' Harry cocked his eyebrows.

''Y-yeah. Is that... okay?''

''I love it.'' He grinned, biting his lip. He sipped at his tea after he spoke. ''Look Lou, why's it your problem? I mean, I know you're friends and all but doesn't he have family? Or a girlfriend?''

I shook my head, tracing circles on my mug. Stan was pretty much a herbit. ''They're not exactly on speaking terms and I can't even remember his last girlfriend. I don't know Haz, he's just...he's like a brother and I can't just.. leave him.''

'' I know Lou, I'm just worried about you. Stan's not your problem.''

I pulled at the collar of my shirt. ''But I can't ignore it Haz. I can't watch that, him, destroy himself.''

Harry put down his mug and scooted closer to me when he saw I was on the verge of tears. He bopped his shoulder against mine, talking gently. ''Lou, this isn't your fault.''

''But it is-''

''No it isn't.''

''I could've helped him.''

''You still can.''

I turned to look at him and our faces were inches apart.

''How?''

''Talk to him. Just talk.''

I tried my best to hold in the tears, squeezing my eyes shut. Harry closed the space between us and wrapped an arm around my waist, cooing.

''It'll be okay Lou. It'll be okay.''