Part Four

I  woke up the next morning in Stans Mustang, thinking about last night. She'd taken it rather well. Actually, I don't think she'd heard. I fled as fast as I could though, claiming I was sick.

I turned in the seat, resting my head against the window.

She was almost a replica of Harry. His feminine doppelganger. It hadn't helped that I'd been thinking of him all day either. Her practically identical looks and my constant remembrance of mine and Harrys conversation was a recipe bound for disaster.

My fingers crept behind my head, ruffling my hair.

I'll admit though, it was scary. I never meant it, I hardly even like him. Anyways, I'd grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels and camped out in here for the night, drinking away my thoughts.

There was a sudden banging at the car door, knocking me out of my reverie.

''Open the fucking door Louis!!'' Stan screamed. He was drenched in sweat and his eyes were bloodshot.

I scrambled for the keys, then pushed open the door. Stan lept in, quickly pulling out on to the road. I kicked my feet off of the seat, rubbing my eyes.

''What time is it?'' I asked. Stan threw me his phone whilst repeatedly muttering fuck under his breath. I zipped up my jacket, shivering at the cold. Stan never put on the heating.

I unlocked his phone. 2609, the date Stan had been signed to Westbrom. He'd never changed his password.

It was ten past six in the morning. What was he doing up so early? What was I doing up so early?

''Stan mate, whats up?'' Stan had taken another left and was fidgeting in his seat.

He stuttered. ''N-nothing Lou. I'm fine. I'm okay. Aren't I?''

I never answered.

He gripped the steering wheel. ''Yeah, yeah I am. I'm fantastic.''

He was scaring me. I'd known him all my life and I'd never seen him like this.

He stopped at a traffic light, whilst I grabbed my snapback, placing it on my tousled hair. We drove through the town, the buildings merging into a continuous grey blur. The skyline was hazy and harsh above the roofs, the sun barely peeking through. The roads were empty and the only sound was of birds flapping through the air, chirping in rhythm. Stan took a turn to his right, slightly opening his mouth.

''So....how's training going?'' His eyes were glossy.

I hesitated slightly before speaking, afraid of the outcome. ''Yeah, it's going good. That Styles kid thinks he's all that -''

I stopped speaking straight away. Shit, why d'you bring him up Louis !? That's definitely going to make Stan feel better!

There was silence for the rest of the car ride. Complete and utter quiet. Stan never liked silence.

Finally he pulled up outside of my house. I was quick to grab my stuff and leap out of the car.

''Hey, Lou!'' Stan yelled out, making me turn around.

''Tell Coach I said hi.''

.....

Clean Bandit - Come Over

I kicked off of the skateboard and placed it in my bag. I sprinted through the grounds till I got to the lockers. After Stan had dropped me off I'd slept in and was late for training.

I searched for my keys, jostling them into the lock. I stuffed my bag in and raced to the changing room. Usually, I'd get here early, before the rest of the team. I like to avoid their 'banter' and just focus on the game ahead. There was no chance of that today though. I could already hear the boys raucous laughter.