The journey begins

Wednesday July 11th

Aden leaned on the car window and watched the trees as they drove by. His green eyes focused on the rain drops that started to slide down the window. The car suddenly stopped, snapping him out of his deep thought. Aden looked at the drivers seat where his mom was sitting. "Why did we stop" he asked adjusting his sitting position. "I could have sworn I saw a girl drag a dead body into the woods" She said while trying to calm her breathing. Aden rolled his eyes and went back to looking out the window. They began to drive again but his mother, was uneasy. "Witness any more serial killers?", Aden teased. She smiled but didn't respond right away "you shouldn't make jokes like that Aden, I'm serious". The two continued to drive in silence until Aden's eyes felt heavy and he decided to go to sleep during the ride home. time passed and he was soon awaken by a loud slam of the car door.  Startled by the noice,  Aden's eyes began to scanned the car. "Mom" he called "Awe fucking great, she has a kid!" an unfamiliar husky voice said. A woman was sitting in the front seat but it wasn't his mother. Aden looked up at the rearview mirror to see that In the front seat was, an undertoned chocolate skinned woman with green eyes and a black mask. There was blood on the steering weal and windows. Tears filled Adan's eyes as he watched her white blood off of the window.  "I hope you don't mind me borrowing this for a second. I have a future husband i need to see." The mysterious woman said  starting the car. "W-wait whats going on, where is my mom" Aden's voice cracked as he started to internally panic. "She's just fine" The woman said in a sarcastic voice. "Hey wanna go on an adventure" She turned around to face Aden. The 12 year old boy started to pull on the car door and banging on the window. "Let me out, I just wanna get out" He cried. The woman covered her ears annoyed at his high pitch voice. "You're making it really hard for me to spare you kid," she then grabbed a black bat with nails sticking out of it. The bat was covered in blood and what looked like pieces of brains.  The woman unlocked the door letting the kid out of the car. He started to run but soon came to the realization that they were in the middle of nowhere. All he was able to see was the woods and a long endless road. Aden turned around to see the woman following behind him with the nailed bat. "D-don't come any closer ... I'm warning you" He yelled slowly backing up. "Awe are you gonna hurt me? I like it when they fight back" the woman said in a deeper tone.  He had no choice but to run into the woods. The woman didn't follow, instead she laughed "they will get you before i do if you run into the woods"  She warned before turning back around and skipping towards the car. "But it's what ever you'll die eaither way" she giggled to herself as she got back into the car. She sat in the drivers seat and got lost in thought. "I miss you Daniel, don't worry  . . .i'll see you soon" Jennifer said to herself before starting the car.
Jennifer turned on the radio and changed the channel to the news station. "This just in the Question Mark Killer is back at it again" Jennifer laughed before changing the station "The Question Mark Killer? is that what they're calling us?"