Chapter 1

The sound of the alarm blared in my ears

The sound of the alarm blared in my ears. Today was the day I would step onto that school as a senior. I'm scared, my last year in high school is approaching. What will I do after these next months?

I slowly got out of bed and got ready for the day. As I went downstairs I passed by his bedroom, the room where joy and happiness filled the air. Now no one was there and only sadness filled the room.

I went to mothers room, she was sleeping so I left a note stating that I went off to school. I made sure to mention that I would be back right after school was over. As soon as I finished the note I heard a loud honk and automatically knew that it was Emily.

I locked the door and walked to her white Jeep.  Every girl dreamed of having that car.

"Hey Layla, sorry to hurry you but,
hurry up!" I noticed she looked unusual.

"Okay, but what's up with you, Em?" She then looked very nervous but shortly after she responded: "Oh nothing it's the first day of school, that's all." I knew she was lying, I could tell right away. We have been best friends since freshman year.

"Emily spit it out, I know you're lying." I could read her like a book.
"Okay, why do you know me so well!" She shouted. "I'll tell you, but please don't get mad." I nodded.

"So you remember that party Ryder threw a month ago?" I nodded again "Well I happen to meet a boy there, and just about a week ago we started dating" she mumbled. "Really, OMG! Who? I am so happy for you. Who's the lucky man?" She looked down over at me and then at the road "Jax Poland". Jax Poland the most popular boy in school was dating my best friend. "OMG, Emily that's good." I don't know why I said good.

"Really, I honestly thought you would be mad because last time I checked you had a thing for Jax." That's why I said good.

"I did but I stopped focusing on boys ever since what happened with my brother," I said trying to sound strong. "I'm really sorry Lay but if it makes you feel any better he is in a much better place." she said with sympathy.

"Thanks, Em, but sometimes I wonder what if something more happened to Dean, what if he didn't pass away the way we think he did". She looked at me very worried her face turned very pale when I mentioned it. "Lay, it was an accident. Your brother died because of an accident nothing more. You have to be strong, move on." I realized she was right "Okay" I then said.

We entered StaleWoods High, and I realized I never missed the place. I headed to my locker and took my books out.

Calculus was my first class. Lord Save me NOW!

When I closed my locker and started heading to class. I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted with those big grey eyes. "Hey, Layla. I'm Jax,"

"Oh, hi," I said very nervously. "Well I just wanted to say hello to Emily's best friend, I'll see you around?" He said very calmly.  "Yeah, if you see me around" Stupid, stupid. Why the fuck did I say that. Then I turned around and walked to class before the bell rang.

I couldn't believe that Jax talked to me, even if it was because he was dating my best friend. I don't know but I really enjoyed it. I made it clear to myself that I had no feelings for Jax what so ever.

At least I think...

                                                                            ____________________

                                                                           DON'T FORGET TO VOTE

Author's Note: I know this chapter was really short but I promise in the chapters to come I will make them longer. Hope you had blast reading the first chapter of Beautiful Lies, until next time. PEACE OUT ✌️