Chapter One

I yawned and stretched, then sat up. I finally was going to be a apprentice , I wish my mother didn't leave me with father at ShadowClan, but I will get over it eventually. I walked out of the nursery. I saw TigerHeart, who is now known as TigerStar, sit outside the leader den, watching over his clan. He had made his mate DoveWing deputy , but I don't see her often, probably because she is caring for her new kits, but today the kits are old enough to become a apprentice like me.
PounceKit, LightKit, and ShadowKit. They had already left the nursery. I had a foster mother but she never was around, I started eating out of the fresh kill not very long ago, so it wasn't like I needed her. My father , DarkenPelt, was going to be my mentor. I think ShadowKit was being mentored by his father TigerStar, and his sisters were going to be mentored by some other cats. I didn't really care, because today was my last day of freedom before training. I walked around , for a bit and talked with other cats .
A while later TigerStar hopped on top of his den , then onto the ClanRock, which was also the medicine den, and meowed loudly to catch everyone's attention ,
"Every cat old enough to catch their own prey, gather around the ClanRock for a apprentice ceremony." He then waited a moment for everyone to look at him and sit down. "GalaxyKit , please step in front of the ClanRock."
My father gave me a nod when I looked back to him , I did as we were told, and I got really nervous , but I held it together.
"GalaxyKit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as GalaxyPaw. Your mentor will be DarkenPelt . I hope DarkenPelt will pass down all he knows on to you." TigerStar announced. " DarkenPelt, please take a step in front of the ClanRock, next to your new apprentice." TigerStar ordered, DarkenPelt nodded and walked over and sat next to me, he gave me a glance then looked back to his leader. "DarkenPelt, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training , and you have shown yourself to be fearless and loyal to your clan. You will be the mentor of GalaxyPaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to GalaxyPaw."
TigerStar finished, and DarkenPelt meowed back , "You can count on me to teach everything and anything I know to this apprentice . I won't let you down." DarkenPelt looked back down to me and smiled, then pushed his nose onto mine and gave me a small nudge. The whole clan meowed the name , my new name, GalaxyPaw.
I was excited for what will come next. I will be a warrior sooner than I think if it took this long to become a apprentice.
A while later after PounceKit and LightKit got their apprentice names, PouncePaw and LightPaw, then eventually ShadowKit gets his apprentice name, ShadowPaw.
I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my new mentor, I knew DarkenPelt pretty well, he was my kin. But I would like to get even closer with him soon. By the time the sun settled ShadowPaw walked me to the apprentice den and showed where we would be sleeping, which was on the outside of the older apprentices due to us being so new , but I didn't care, and laid down and curled up into a warm ball and doze off into a dream.