Family Vacation

"Are you sure about this?", Regina asked insecure as she watched her son packing for their trip.

"Of course mom. It's going to be awesome. You, me, mom, grandma and grandpa and Neal"

Regina sighed deep and walked closer to her son. "I just... if we had been going to another city or town I would have been more accommodating towards it, but the forest? On a camping trip?"

"What's wrong with the camping trip mom? You scared of the animals?", he asked with a chuckle but when his mother actually kept quiet, he understood it wasn't quite the joke. He sighed deep and walked over to her, bringing his arms around her. "Don't worry mom. I will protect you. And so will mom", he said and Regina smiled at the thought of Emma.

She was actually happy when she heard that Hook wasn't joining them. Something about his ship and his men, needing his assistance. Regina lost her interest about five seconds after he spoke.

"Well let's just pack our last things so the others don't have to wait", she said and Henry smiled and kissed her head before walking back to his bag. Regina sighed and walked to her own bedroom, packing her own stuff. After thirty minutes the familiar knock was heard on the door and Regina walked down the stairs and opened the door to see Emma standing on the porch.

"Hey Regina. Are you and the kid ready?", she asked as she walked inside and Regina gave a tight smile nodding, but didn't say anything further and that made Emma stop in her tracks. "Everything okay?"

"Yes Emma. We're almost done", Regina said after clearing her throat, crossing her arms. Emma eyed the woman, looking through the lie, but before she could ask, footsteps were heard and they both turned to see their thirteen year old walking down the stairs with his bag.

"Hey mom", he greeted the blonde and Emma smiled at him, letting him hug her, kissing his cheek.

"Hey kid, are you ready?", she asked and Henry smiled nodding. "Good. You can take your bag to the car. Where's your bag Regina?", she asked turning to Regina who stood looking down. She quickly looked up at the blonde at the mention of her name and met green eyes.

"Oh you don't have to—"

"It's fine Regina, I don't mind. Is it in your bedroom?", she asked as she walked up the stairs and Regina silently nodded, letting the woman take her bag. She watched with arms around herself as the blonde came back down with her bag and she couldn't stop the smile on her face.

"You sure everything is okay? You seem... distant", Emma asked now worried for real, but being the stubborn woman Emma knew and loved, she simply shook her head.

"Everything is fine Emma, don't worry"

Emma sighed deep and nodded before walking over to the door and walking outside with the bag on her back. She met her son by the trunk and put the bag in before closing it.

"Alright that should be it. I got your tent kid, and yours too Regina. My parents got theirs and mine. Are you guys ready?"

Henry smiled wide nodding while Regina nodded slightly hesitant. Emma gave her an assuring smile as she walked closer to the brunette. "It's gonna be fine Regina. There're no wild animals out there", she said with a wink and Regina sighed nodding in defeat. She was not getting out of this.

They drove to the forest for a good thirty minutes and when they finally arrived, Regina felt a little bit more relaxed. Maybe it was just the hours and minutes of waiting up to the day. They got out of the car and Henry smiled wide as he saw the lake close to their place. A fireplace was close as well and it was obvious it was a place for camping.