Chapter 1

Sasha's POV:

This is it. There's no going back this time. No more backing out. I deserve this.

I exit my room that I grew up in taking one last look before shutting the door.

I walk into the living room where my shit excuse of a mother is lying on the sofa smoking a cigarette.

"Where do you think your going?" She says not even looking at me

"Out." I reply bluntly and walk out the house slamming the door behind me.

I won't miss her. She won't miss me. Nobody will.

I walk slowly through my home town, it's late so there are not many people around.

As I walk I think off everything that has been leading up to this moment in my life. The bullies, the fights, dad leaving, the self harm. It's all too much.

Anyway it will all be gone soon. I will just be a distant memory.

This is it. This is the bridge.

Cars zoom past, the people occupying them not even aware of what I'm about to do. I shakily climb over the railing and stand on the edge, looking at the flowing river below.

It won't hurt. It can't hurt as much as my life has. I grab the railing behind me with both hands and take deep breaths, tears streaming down my face.

Cars continue to drive past, nobody even acknowledging the girl hanging over the side of the bridge. Nobody cares, nobody ever has.

This is it. My final moments all I need to do is count to 3 and let go. Then all my suffering will end. Simple.

1...

I lean forward so I'm hanging over the edge

2...

I begin to loosen my grip

This is it.

"Don't do it" a voice startles me

I turn slightly to get a view of the person. He is tall, blonde hair, blue eyes and a lip ring. He has a frown on his face, almost like he cares.

"Whatever it is, it can't be this bad" he speaks again moving slightly more forward towards me.

I almost laugh "how would you know?"

"Your right I don't, but you could come over this side of the bridge and tell me." He says outstretching his hand for me to grab.

I turn away from him and I hear him sigh.

"Look please listen, it will get better, just please come over and we can talk about this"

I'm confused. He doesn't know me, so why is he trying so hard to save my life. I slowly turn around to face the stranger.

"You don't understand. I need to do this. Nobody cares about me, I'm not wanted" I whisper tears streaming down my face.

"I care" he whispers, looking me straight in the eyes.

"How could you? You don't even know me!" I say

"Let me get to know you" he puts out his hand once again.

I turn to look at the rushing river below me. It would be so simple just to let go, but if my struggle so far has taught me anything it's that life isn't simple.

I sigh deeply and reach out for his out stretched hand. He grabs it and leans forward and puts his other free hand around my waist, wasting no time to lift me up and pull me over the railing.

He sits me down on the ground and crouches down beside me keeping one hand on my arm. He probably thinks that I will try and throw myself over the railing but the moments gone. I will just have to try another day.

"Do you need me to call somebody? A parent, sibling, ambulance?" He gets out his phone but I quickly shake my head and stand up.

"I'm fine, I'm just going to go home" I turn and swiftly start walking

"Hey wait" he says jogging to catch up with me.

I keep walking until he grabs my elbow and turns me round.

I shake him off "Get away from me I don't even know you" I say starting to walk again.

"My name is Luke, Luke Hemmings"

I turn and look at him questioningly

"Now you know me" he chuckles as if he was actually funny.

"Well Luke Hemmings I don't want to know you. Actually at the minute I want to be dead in the river which you ruined so thank you for the offer of making friends over my failed attempt of suicide but no thank you." I shove him slightly before turning quickly and walking away from him.

(A/N hi guys, I just thought this would be a good idea for a fanfiction, more to come soon.

If you are actually reading this thank you and please vote and comment.