New Love

Be with someone who is proud of you. Someone who, first and foremost, takes pride in being with you and wouldn't dream of keeping you on the down low. Someone who acknowledges your accomplishments and your strengths, but is also there to help you when your weaknesses get the best of you. Someone who is proud when you succeed and supports you fully, but is also there to pick you up when you fall down. Someone who is there for you when you need them and even when you dont. Someone who feels blessed and lucky to have you and appreciates you and your efforts no matter how little or how big they may be. Someone who knows that nobody can compare because they've already found someone who embodies all that they've ever wanted. But first you're going to experience heartbreak before you know how satisfying it is to have somebody who actually realizes just how good they have it when they have you.
When you start loving someone new you laugh when you remember when you were sure the last one was the ONE and now here you are redefining THE ONE all over again. Sometimes I stop myself from saying the words "I love you" often for the fear I might wear them down. But how do I welcome in kindness when my idea of love is violence? How do I teach myself to accept a healthy love if all I've ever known is pain. I am trying to not make you pay for their mistakes, I am trying to teach myself you are not responsible because how can I punish you for something you ave not done when you are not them. You might not have been my first love but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant.
Everyone says that love hurts, but that's not true. Loneliness hurts, rejection hurts, losing someone hurts, envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality, love is the only thing that covers up all the pain and makes someone feel wonderful again.