My Dark Lover Chapter 13

Alexa's P.O.V.

When I sat down on the couch Jake says, "I'll be down here to wake you up tomorrow morning alright?" I didn't answer him back; I hear Jake sigh a little as he makes his way upstairs and he says, "Can you turn the television on so I can turn the light off?" I turn it on and then Jakes shuts the light off and I hear the door being locked. I began to cry, I was thinking about Ryan and I was wondering if he noticed that I was gone yet. I wipe my tears way and I wrap myself in the blanket and I lay down on the couch. I fell asleep a few minutes later dreaming of Ryan. I woke up the next day feeling somebody shaking me and I whisper, "Ryan?"

The person chuckles and say, "No, its Jacoby remember?" I realized then that I was kidnapped by this guy and I say, "I remember Jake." I sit up and Jake sits down beside me and he says, "I'm sorry about last night Alexa." I turn to look at Jake and say, "Its fine." Jake stands up, holds out his hand to me and when I placed my hand in his, he helps me up and he says, "Let's go eat breakfast." We went upstairs and towards the kitchen and I see that breakfast was already made and sitting on the table. I sit at the table and just as I was about to grab the fork Jake says, "Need me to taste it before you eat it?"

I shake my head and say, "No, I know you didn't poison it." Jake smiles at me and he sits in front of me and he says, "Good, because I wouldn't." I grab the fork and begin eating when Jake says, "I'm going to have to put you in the basement again." I dropped the fork and I look up at Jake and say, "Why?" Jake doesn't say anything for a bit and then he says, "I need to get more food." I look down at my food and Jake says, "How about this...next time I leave to go anywhere you can stay in your guest room; but you have to obey my orders, understand?" I look up from my food and say, "You'll do that?" Jake nods his head and I say, "I'll do whatever it takes." Jake smiles at me and he says, "Good, now eat your food before it gets cold." I began to eat my food and a few minutes later I finished it and Jake says, "Alright, you have to go downstairs now."

Ryan's P.O.V.

Cody and I were searching for any sign of Alexa but we were coming up empty handed. Just as we were about to search another area, I see a car coming over and Cody says, "Is that the guy that dad had called?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "Let's find out." We make our way towards the car and I see my dad coming out of the house. My dad walks over to the guy and I say, "Is that him?" My dad nods his head and he says to the guy, "Craig, nice to see you did you bring Max?" Craig nods his head and he says, "I always bring Max."

Craig opens up the driver's door and a black lab comes out and he says, "Do you have a piece of clothing that she wore?" My dad looks at me and he says, "I think I do." I make my way towards the front door when I hear my dad yell out, "Cody go with him!" I open up the door and I run to my old room and I found a shirt that Alexa wore. I take it outside and Craig says, "Have Max smell the shirt." I bend down and Max begins to smell the shirt and then Craig takes the leash off of Max and he begins smelling the ground. He barks signaling something to Craig and Craig says, "She was out here but her trail has gone cold, somebody put her in a vehicle."

I didn't understand what that meant so I say, "What does that mean?" Craig looks at me with a sad look and he says, "It means that Max won't be able to find her." Tears began to fall down and I couldn't stop them so I ran into the house and into my old room. I closed the door and locked it and I slid down to the floor. After two hours went by I decided to head home so I got off the floor and made my way towards the front door when a voice says, "I'm sorry that Max couldn't find your mate." I look into the living room where the voice was coming from and I see that it was Craig who said that and I say, "Thank you for trying though." I head out of the house and towards my car. As soon as I was in the car I pounded at the steering wheel; I couldn't fucking believe that I lost my mate that she could be hurt and I didn't know where she's at. I drove off towards home and when I arrived home I went to my bed and lay down.