My Dark Lover Chapter 18

Alexa's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day, my body feeling really weird...maybe it was because Ryan was laying on top of me or something else. I kissed the top of Ryan's head and a few minutes later he lifts his head up and he says, "How do you feel babe?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "My body feels weird." Ryan smiles a little and he says, "Well, it should because you're..." I kiss him and say, "I want to see." Ryan sits up and when I sit up too he carries me to the bathroom. When he arrived in front of the mirror I see that my hair had grown longer, my eyes were icy blue and my skin was really pale. It was like I was looking at a complete stranger, but I liked the new look and Ryan says, "Glad you like the new you." I frown at that, how in the hell did he know what I was thinking and then I hear Ryan's voice in my head and he was saying, 'I can hear everything in your head now.'

I felt like I could faint...Ryan could read minds and then Ryan says out loud, "Were mates, we can speak to each other with our minds." I gasp and say in my head, 'Really? Then kiss me on the lips and tell me what we can do today.' Ryan chuckles as if he heard what I had said and then he kisses me on the lips and he says, "Well, I have to talk to Jake first, but afterwards, we can do whatever you want." I was shocked that we can communicate with our minds and I say, "Oh yeah, I forgot that Jake was still here; can we take a shower?" Ryan nods his head and we take a quick shower. After we got changed, Ryan and I went into the kitchen where Jake was sitting on a chair. He smiles at me and I say to Ryan in my head, 'Do I need to eat?' Ryan shakes his head and says back, 'No you don't, you only need to live on my blood as I do on yours.' Jake clears his throat breaking mine and Ryan's concentration and when we look at Jake he says, "So did you guys have an awesome night?" I was confused, what did Jake mean by that and then he says, "Because I heard someone yell out harder." After Jake said that, he turned his head to look at me and I knew he was talking about me. If I wasn't a vampire, I'm sure that I'd be blushing right now and Ryan says, "That's not nice Jake, you better fucking apologize or I'm not going to tell you anything." I look at Jake as he says, "I'm sorry Alexa." I shake my head and Ryan says to Jake, "The reason were no longer friends is because..."

Just as Ryan was about to speak my phone goes off playing, 'Bodies' by Drowning Pool. That song was supposed to be Riley's; I had several songs for different people and I say to Ryan, "I'm going in our room to answer this." I get up and head towards our room when I arrived; I see that Ryan had followed. I sat on the bed after I pulled out my phone, Ryan sits down beside me. I hit the answer button and Riley says, "Where the fuck are you?!" I told him to calm down because I could tell that Ryan was getting pissed that my brother was yelling at me and I say, "If I came over with a guy will you promise to behave?" I knew Ryan was going to have a problem with me going to my brothers but I wanted them to know who I was with and Riley says, "I can't guarantee that I'll behave." I knew that, that was the best answer he could give me so I say, "Thanks Riley, I'll be there soon."

I hang up the phone and Ryan says, "You are not going; call him back." I sigh turn to look at Ryan and I see that his eyes are red so I say; "You can't tell me what to do with my brothers!" Ryan looked like he could punch something but he held back as he says, "The fuck I can't! You are my mate!" I stand up and say, "I'm going outside; we both need to cool off." I knew Ryan was going to say something about me going outside so I got the fuck out of there. I began walking not knowing where my feet will take me but for some reason my feet decided to take me to a park. Forty blocks away from Ryan's...great, I don't even remember how to get back. I shrugged my shoulders a bit and decided to enjoy what little time I had before I have to try and get back. I was so caught up in all of my thoughts that time flew by so quickly...but I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt something hit my nose. I was taken out of my thoughts and I see that it began to rain. I smile at that, I love the rain...I was brought out once again by my memories when I felt somebody touch me. I was in fight mode but then a voice says, "Alexa its Cody!" I got off the swing and say, "What the fuck are you doing here?" Cody points to a car and he says, "Ryan called and asked for me to search for you." I decided to go back and face Ryan so I say, "Alright, let's go." We began to walk to the car when I say, "Is Ryan in there?" I look at Cody and I see he's shaking his head no and he says, "Ryan is trying to cool off."