Sunday Mornings

This was inspired by Emily Brett Rickard's cover of "Sunday Morning"

_______

It was Sunday morning and rain was falling, quickly pitter- pattering on the their bedroom window. They laid intertwined with one another, watching the raindrops race down the window.

Felicity laid her head on the crook of his shoulder, her fingers tracing his various scars.

"And this one?" She asked timidly.
"Bullet. 2nd year on Lian Yu"
She frowned. She hated thinking about the pain that Oliver must have gone through.
"It's okay baby. I'm okay." He reassured her giving her a tight squeeze

Their time together in Ivy Town had been so peaceful, a few months where they could just enjoy each other.

Clothes scattered the bedroom floor, evidence of the previous night's activities. Oliver climbed out of bed heading downstairs to the kitchen, with felicity closely behind.

He stood shirtless as he opened the fridge, scanning it for something to eat. Although felicity had him every day and night all to herself, she couldn't help but blush, for he was so handsome.

"What?" He asked, half smirking, as he caught her staring.

"Nothing" she said, while biting her lip at the same time.

"You know I think you're the sexiest woman in the whole world, right?" He said casually, grabbing her by the waist, wrapping his arms around her petite body, and leaning over to peck her lips.

Her blush glowed even redder as she kissed him back.

"Ditto". She said.

"What? I'm the sexiest woman in the whole world?" He laughed

"That's exactly what I meant." She smiled.

Soon after,a whole buffet seemed to have appeared on their dining kitchen counter. Oliver was multifaceted, and his cooking was exquisite.

"Mhmmm" felicity moaned as she bit into a pancake. "It's unfair how easily cooking came to you."

"Glad you like it babe". Oliver smiled, as he looked at the woman who had changed his life for the better all those years ago when she first walked into his life.

He had never been this happy. Just him, the love of his life, and a Sunday morning he would never forget.