RR::28

|Ransom|

It's been eight days since he saw Taehyung.

Eight days since he felt a piece of him disintegrate into thin air.

Jungkook remembers waiting outside the hospital for two days straight. Blowing up the elder's phone with text, calls and voice messages until his phone died.

Then when Taehyung's mother confronted him, he remembers crying in her arms whilst asking for forgiveness. She,of course, was saddened and possibly angered at the news, but Jungkook was thankful for her being so open minded and was forgiven.

That was before the news broke out.

FLASHBACK
He strayed away from all contact regarding his family. Hiding whenever his parents visited the hospital or when they tried to visit him at home, he really can't face them now. The young boy understood that everything wasn't their fault; that he also held liability at what happened.

Jungkook had been called to the hospital again after. Baekhyun said that it had to do with some important meeting regarding Taehyung. At the mention of the male's name, he did not hesitate to drive as fast as he could.

"Where is he?"

"Did something happen to him?"

His mouth was spewing out questions he kept pondering on the way there. Jungkook didn't mind the fact that his parents were there or the pain in his legs, he only cared about Taehyung.

"Jungkook, I need you to calm down first."

"I am! Hyung, what's wrong?"

Then he saw Jimin break down as Yoongi and Hoseok comforted the male. "H-hey, what's going...on?" Jungkook laughed nervously.

The atmosphere was so overwhelming. Him not knowing anything made him feel worse.

Baekhyun sighed, exasperated. "Taehyung and Chanyeol have been kidnapped."

Jungkook has never felt so broken in his life.

FLASHBACK END

"Taehyung-ah...where are you?" The young male whispers softly. Everything hurts. His throat, mind, eyes, especially his heart. It was aching so much he thought he'd faint. Being locked in their shared room for days, he refused to do anything of importance. He only wanted to wait for Taehyung.

Jungkook curled up into the sheets, awfully cold as no one was beside him. The bed smelled a little of his lover now, making him resort to snatching the other's clothes for the time being.

"Looks like being king isn't fit for me as well," he says wishfully, thinking of all the work he left his friends to do. He really does feel guilty for letting his friends take over the things he should be doing as king. He wasn't raised to be such a weakling and yet here he is; emotionally, physically and mentally tired of everything.

Ding! Dong!

Jungkook made an effort to answer the door of their home. "Oh...Hey Jimin," he greets.

"I won't bother correcting your respect towards me today but you have to let me in and listen to what I have to say Kook," Jimin says with such urgency.

Sitting on the couch, Jungkook raised his brow when the older passed him a black hard drive. "Y-you have to see what's in there. Taehyung's in danger!" Jimin sobs.

In no time, the young king took out his laptop, insterted the drive and open a media file. The video starts off with nothing really-just a plain black background for a couple of seconds. The sound of the door opening was heard followed by a man saying, "Yah! Wake up!"

Light shined down onto a boy.

Taehyung -beaten and bruised- was tied to a chair with his head laying low. He was obviously asleep or exhausted to move any part of his limb. The man whacks his head with his hand, making a clear sound.

"T..tae.."

Taehyung's head lolled to the side. "Oh, just right timing. His majesty is awake!" Another voice chimed in mockery.

Jungkook frozed.

He knew that voice.

No doubt it belonged to the man who made his life a living hell.

"The camera is ready huh? Hello there Jungjung! It's great to be able to talk to you after a long time,"

Said boy's breathe hitched at his childhood nickname given to him by his father. His "father" stepped into the camera's view. Gray hair, well built, same nose like Jungkook's - oh he was his father alright.

"I heard that you were getting married. Such life for a royal huh? Now, I knew you wouldn't let me meet my son-in-law so I took matters into my own hand." Saejun went closer to his lover who didn't seem fully aware of what's happening. "Fuck!" Taehyung hissed when the older grabbed a fistful of his hair and tugged it upwards.

"He sure is a beauty. Wouldn't mind keeping him anyday," The rest who were in the room laughed. Jungkook clenched his fist tightly as Jimin placed comforting circles onto his thigh.

"Jungkook-ah, would you do anything to bring your lover back into your arms? Or would you just sit there and watch until he slips away from your grasp?"

At the mention of Jungkook's name, he saw Taehyung look directly at the camera. His eyes as big as saucers and his lips etched into a small frown.

"I don't negotiate if it's a worthless deal son. Tomorrow, 9:30 pm at the R&B warehouse. I want 70,000 gold coins and feel free to bring a few gems or so in exchange for Kim Taehyung,"

"Jungkook, you can't...you can't do this alone! What if both of you get hurt? You need to report this to your generals," Jimin coaxed.

"You're the type who'd bring the police forces if you could though, but just so you know, Taehyung will always have a gun aimed at his head when you receive this," Saejun threatens and literally demonstrates by pointing his gun at the male.

"Boss, let loverboy hear a few words from his beloved!" Someone says at the back.

His father made a sound of agreement and nudges Taehyung.

"K..kookie, I'm alright mhm? Don't worry about me. I l-love you so much okay? Don't...d-don't..."

The unsaid message was conveyed through Taehyung's eyes.

Don't go tomorrow

"Fuck you Kim Taehyung and your wannabe hero personality. I'm going even if you don't want me too," Jungkook declared much to Jimin's horror when the video finished.

"Y-yah! Don't..."

"Hyung, I'll do anything to bring Taehyung back. I'm sure you'd want to do the same," Jungkook shot back. "I know but..at least tell Baek-hyung to help you," Jimin says, still wary.

I'll come see you Taehyung.

Just wait a little more.

-🍓-

HEY PEOPLE!!

The long awaited CH28 has arrived. I won't lie that I kinda procrastinated for days while writing so..yeah sorry

How was your April Fools? (I didn't get to post a false chapter huhuhu)

Army culture is lit like omg-

Thanks for reading loves!