Arrested

I grunted as the heavily built fist smashed into my face. I fell onto the cold ground, feeling the bruise on my face. I jumped to my feet, ready to hit back. I did get in one good punch, but the other individual was of course going to win, I did not have his muscle. But he did not have my brain. I could see that his IQ was very low, it was obvious, by the way he spoke, slow and slurred, and the way he reacted to the slightest taunt. Like how I had taunted him just now. This was an experiment. 

When he finally got me on the ground, I could see him savouring every kick that he landed in my stomach. I curled into a ball to block out the blows. 

"You're stupid, Jim, ye hear me, stupid? No one hurts me!" shouted my attacker, Thomas Harrison. 

My eyes were closed, because the blood running down my forehead would get in my eyes, but my face cracked into a smile, and I laughed. Laughed because I knew I was not stupid. Laughed because this man had no idea how clever I really was. Laughed because it was just funny. Laughed because I was mad. 

"What are ye laughin' at, huh? Tell me!" Thomas grabbed me, and slammed me against the wall. His slapped me across the cheek. I continued to cackle. 

It was not long til the Police arrived. Someone must have seen the street fight between the skinny, black haired teenager, and the heavily built thug, and called the police. Thomas was dragged off me, and handcuffed. 

I slid down the side of the building, until I was sitting. It hurt, but I still smiled. 

"You alright, boy?" an officer asked, pulling me to my feet. 

"Of course." I said, my brown eyes twinkling beneath my dark eyelashes. 

The officer frowned, taking me towards the police car parked there, hand on the back of my neck. "Why are you smiling?" 

I rolled my eyes, at the officer's stupid question. "I won my bet." 

"With who?" 

"Myself." 

"What bet?" the officer replied, shoving me inside the car. "That I am smarter than anyone." 

The car ride to the police station was very dull. When we finally arrived, I was examined by the Medical Officer. I was sat down in a white washed office, while he patched my face up, and the bleeding skin on my back. The woman sat back, writing in the report on the computer. The other boring officer walked into the room. "He alright?" 

"He's on cocaine." the woman said seriously. "Has been on for some time. It hasn't affected his thinking though, he's as smart as the devil himself." 

I smiled at that. 

"Get up then, boy. You're spending tonight in a cell, I think." 

I didn't bother resisting, in fact, I liked the prisons, at least I got a bed, and food. When they left me in the cell, I pulled a packet of chewing gum out of my jean's pocket, and chewed it, staring at the wall. I began to laugh, and I didn't know why. It was just...funny.