[ four ]

[ four ] 

Mitchell went to the mall the next day expecting a note on the table, but she was traitorously saddened when she saw a spotless table.

Either the janitor had gotten ahold of the note, or the admirer had given up easily.

She hoped it was neither and she was just sitting at the wrong table. But, when she checked, she was in the exact same table in the food court as she was sitting at the day before: five down from the golden pole, two left from there if she was facing the doughnut shop.

It was the same table. And there was no note.

She sat down glumly and took out her journal, not sure what to write about. Nothing was coming to mind because her brain was far too preoccupied with thoughts of this mystery person.

Her mind buzzed with emptiness - she wasn't even sure whether that was possible - when she heard the loud man who was sitting at the table behind her and talking to himself, utter out, "Oh now, what's this? Looks like a love note. Best to put it back."

Mitchell scrambled off the chair and rushed over to his table, scaring the life out of him but not caring. "I'm sorry sir, but I think that note is for me."

He raised his eyebrows and slipped the note out from underneath the salt and pepper shakers. "This note?"

"Yes sir." She nodded eagerly, not remembering a time when she had this much anticipation for one thing. Not in the last seven years, seven months, and nine days, at least.

The man gave Mitchell the note hesitantly and she almost laughed at how much she had stressed over something as dumb as the note being placed on the wrong table. Almost. 

She didn't even wait to sit back at her table before opening it.

Dear the girl who called me a walking contradiction,

You're right. About the contradiction thing and about the next thing I'm about to say.

It is cold. But you seem very warm in those huge sweaters that mask every beautiful thing about you.

Would you like to meet me? Because I would like to meet you very much.

I think we're going to make very good friends.

- 

what if L stands for larry the lobster n shes not even talking to luke HAHA PLOT TWIST MOTHERFUCKERS

no im joking lol

(dedicated to @stylesecrets bc #grashley n bc "sinful" is daddy af)