7

"There's a forest ahead maybe we can rest there" I said.

"That's the last place we wanna be right now."

"What other choice do we have?, we've been walking for hours"

He thought for a moment while I stared at him hoping he'd say yes because I was exhausted.

"Yeah, but only to rest not sleep."

I nodded and we began walking towards it. When we got there we walked father in just to be safe.

"I think we're good here" I said stopping.

I sat up against a tree and he did the same but across from me. Everything was silent. We heard branches cracking and leaves rustling from time to time but it was far away.

I looked over at Jahseh as he played with a few broken sticks in front of him. My eyes got heavy and my brain blanked out as I slowly drifted asleep.

❂❂❂

Instead of a bright sky full of trees I woke up to a white ceiling. Looking over I saw a little girl and a little boy sitting at a table playing with toys.

"Hi" I said sitting up.

They turned around and looked at me and went back to what they were doing. That wasn't weird at all...

"Oh your awake" a voice behind me said making me snap around.

It was a slightly short girl that looked about my age.

"Here you can change into this, unless you like being dirty then don't" she laughed.

I straight faced her while she continued to laugh.

"I was just messing with you, i'm Rae, short for Rae'elle."

"Unique." I said.

She held out her hand but I just smiled. Getting the memo, she took her hand way.

"do you want the clothes?" She said

"No, I just want to know where I am."

"Oh your in um, well a safe neighborhood. A gated one to be exact. Hopefully that answered your question." she said and I nodded. "Here we live life just like how it was before, you know, before dead people started walking. There's about 40 people here altogether, many ages."

I was honestly confused. Should I trust this? What if it's a trap? where was Jahseh?

"You there?" she said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yea, have you seen a boy with black and blond dreads?"

"Your boyfriend? yeah he was touring the neighborhood waiting for you to wake up."

"Um, He's not my boyfriend, he's my friend" I think... he seems to not really like me so he can't be a friend could he?

"Oh sorry, he just seemed really over protective of you. He insisted that someone stay and watch you. And on the way here he refused to let us take you in a separate car." she laughed.

Once again confused

"I can go find him for you if you'd like." she said

"Yes thank you." I said.

She set the clothes down on a near by table and walked out of sight. I then heard a door open and close, open then close again and her foot steps travels back to the room we were in.

"Reign and Royal come on." she said referring to the two kids playing. They looked at one another and slowly got up.

"Who are they?" I say

"Oh this is my sister Reign and my brother Royal, their fraternal twins." she explained.

"Hi" I said once again to them.

They just stared

"They don't talk. They went mute after our um, mom and dad died. I basically have to be their voices."

"Oh, sorry for your loss."

"Thank you" she replied looking down for a few a seconds.

"Well we're gonna go now, I'll tell your friend that you woke up. I'll Be right back."

"Ok, thank you." I said walking towards a cushioned chair next to the table where she sat the clothes.

I sat down and I ran my finger's along the soft chair I was in. It's been so long since I sat in something this soft.

I threw my head back and looked at the ceiling. Living here might be interesting...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
I'ma need yall to VOTE instead of just reading. It's annoying, other writer's know. Every book I read I vote because people put time into chapters having to plot and write it. So yea, just do that for me please :)