4

It started out simple enough. His pet raven, Jeon, was injured badly on its way back after having delivered a message to his underlings in the human world and if it weren't for Sana who took care of its wound, Jeon might have not been able to survive. Since the raven was first created using some of his demonic energy, Jungkook was able to see and hear everything Jeon could, including Sana's desire to experience the world. Therefore, upon his raven's return, he decided to grant her little wish to repay the favor. Yet, the moment he saw her cheerful smiles and twinkling eyes, Jungkook didn't have the heart to tell her that it was time to leave even though he knew it'd be best to bring her back.

Unconsciously touching his cheek where Sana pressed her lips on earlier, he silently thought to himself. She was happy and grateful, that much was obvious. Jungkook didn't expect her to be so optimistic, since the place he took Sana to was nothing more than a small ghost town in the underworld. It was cold, dark and dull but apparently, nothing was able to damp her mood. Sana was like the sun itself, bright and radiating no matter where she went.
The glaring contrast once again reminded him that she didn't belong there.

Jungkook thought deeply. Earlier that day, he saw the chip on her nape, probably a spiritual tracking device as he sensed a strange energy around it. Even though Jungkook was able to remove it without her awareness, it was only a matter of time before they'd come here looking for her. He himself wasn't afraid of the consequences per se, as he knew they wouldn't dare messing with him and his kinds. However, Sana might not be able to get off the hook that easily. Jungkook frowned. He was a man of his own sense of justice. Although Jungkook might seem arrogant and merciless most of the time, never had he inflicted any pain on someone who didn't deserve it. Thus, seeing Sana suffer because of a stupid prophecy irked him. Besides, considering how innocent and harmless the girl seemed to be, he highly doubt she was capable of "causing a disaster that would threaten Three Realms' peace". Too bad, The Council trusted that old hag's words all too readily. If Sana was caught this time, she would most likely be sealed away from the world forever. Or worse, they might even choose to save the time and effort by sacrificing her life...

His fists clenched tightly. For the first time in his entire existence, Jungkook felt protective over a mortal being. They've done enough to hurt her, he decided. He wouldn't let them do it again.

With renewed vigor, he left the room in a flash.