Chapter 5

We all woke up the next morning groggy, messy, and mean. It was time to get moving once again and we did not want to leave this place for there were good things here we could use. We had to move on however, we needed to get to Camp Lejeune and safety. We packed up as much food as the pantry and fridge in the RV could hold and we head east.

We walked for about an hour before we found the first actual car dealer. It was a GM motor shop and was full of 2018 Chevrolets. I quickly ran to the the muscle car section to see if I could find a good Camaro, and right in the front row is the new Camaro ZL1. I run into the dealership and start running through keys. I find the rack labeled ZL1 and there are five keys, I take all five and run back out to the car line. I press the unlock button on all five keys and look to see which one they unlock. The first is a plain white one, the second is black, the third is blue, and fourth is red, and the final is yellow. I had only pressed it when Emilee runs up and takes it out of my hand.

"I get Bumblebee, and you can't do anything about it. I knew you were going to chose the red one anyways." She was right, I place the keys of the other three cars on the hood as I stepped into the powerful beast that I had chosen. It was a nice tight car, smooth interior, nice wheel, and a nice open space for me to place my feet. The only drawback was that this car was a two seater and I could not have more than just Ky and I in the car. Em jumped into her car with joy and motioned to the boy I had noticed her going to when we first met Alex. We pulled out in sync her and I and drove up to the entrance. I opened the door for Ky and let her sit down in the passenger seat.

Half of the group were out on the street just looking at us as we drove up, asking where all the Fords, Toyotas, and Dodges were. "There are no Ford and Toyota dealerships in Shelby, and the Dodges were further down the road. So if you are waiting on a Dodge it won't be long, but if you're waiting on a Ford or Toyota then you need to pick another make." I rolled up the window and revved the engine as loud as I could to show them this car means business. About half of the group went into the lot after that to find a car. After about thirty minutes I turn to see the other three Camaro ZL1s, five 2017 Camaros, five Silverados, two Chevy Avalanches, and four Cadillac Escalades behind me.

We drove at a walking pace for about thirty minutes before we got to the Dodge dealership. The rest of the group rushed in and took about two hours to pick their cars. They came out with five Chargers, five Challengers, and five Rams. Overall we had a good mix of sport cars, SUVs, and Trucks. If we needed to carry extra people we could, and if we had to carry extra supplies it would not be too hard. We drove at a walking pace throughout the rest of the city since there were cars all along the streets parked and not moving. We had the RV in front, then Ky and I behind, followed by the rest of the Camaros and then random orders.

We parked at another plaza on the other side of the city for the night. There was still light, but we wanted to be fully rested and have a good start out for tomorrow. We slept in the cars that night, and had a bonfire with deer burgers and hotdogs. We sang and danced for a little bit before heading to bed, the car was a tight, but a comfortable fit to sleep in. For once I did not wake up to something bad happening in about a week. We have lost about ten people since we had met up with Alex, but I still felt like this was a better way to travel since we had more people.