Chapter 6

We drove at a steady thirty miles per hour, that way we do not have to slow down and speed up as much to conserve gas. It also allows us to keep an eye out for others walking along the road. If this was less orderly, not in a straight line, and were going at higher speed, then you would think there was a street race going on. There were several Camaros, Chargers, and Challengers at the front constantly changing order.

There's an old race track called Charlotte Motor Speedway that we could race on and party at for a day to easy stress a bit. It's not too far out of the way and its a place that we could easily get into. It would be a nice little day off and allow us to fully unwind and not keep us on alert all the time. I drove in silence for a while before Ky turned on the radio and started blasting music. It jarred me awake and I swerved a little at the sudden change in volume. I did not realize I was falling asleep until she did that. She made me pull over so that we could switch places. We pulled over with about two other cars for protection and made the switch. Once we got back on the road I leaned my chair back and fell right to sleep. I drifted off into a nice deep sleep that was full of good dreams and one nightmare.

I was running first at the little race we were having at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, and I was comfortably ahead. Sadie was in second, Em in third, Alexis in forth, and Chris in fifth. All ten Camaros were running first through tenth and we were all spaced out evenly. The infield track was more difficult than the games had made it seem. I had only entered into turn one when a Ford F-150 burst through the tunnel. By the time I had entered turn three it had got onto the track and t-boned me. I sat there semi-conscious and lying with the car on the roof when Ky who was running towards me got abducted. I could not do anything since I was trapped in the car, and no one else was around.

I struggled for about five minutes before I was able to get out of my car. I stopped Em and we took off in her Camaro and followed the truck as fast as possible. We had barely gotten out of the tunnel before we were surrounded by a whole lot of random people. In front of us was the F-150 with Ky in it. Before we got out of the car I flipped the emergency switch that I had everyone install in their cars. It sends a GPS signal to the other telling them where we were. I was hoping that they would be able to get her in time to help me and Em out.

The leader of the group was in the F-150 and when he stepped out I immediately rushed him. I was seized and pushed back onto the ground before I could get within ten feet of him. Em pulled me up off the ground. I looked him dead in the eye, "Whatcha sayin there No-Balls, too scared to finally get your ass kicked? You've been asking for it since we were kids, but your grandma and mom always covered for you. You're dad would let me since he knew you would do stuff to anger me and get me riled up. He probably would have even loved it, seeing his selfish son get his ass kicked."

"Little bitch, little bitch, lemme see who gives a single fuck. Oh, no one does. Once Chris took off to follow y'all to BRCC and he didn't come back by the time of the evac I took charge and got everyone in order. I took the other seniors and juniors and got them together and staged an 'accident' for our part of the convoy when we got here. We set it off just outside the city here and have been staying put on the outskirts for about two weeks. We've had contact with Chris all the time until about a week ago when he said he was about to try and kill a little girl you were close to. When he didn't respond back we sat here and waited for you to show up." He then pulled Ky out by her hair. She was bound at the wrists and gagged. I could see it in her eyes that she was scared for her life. She shook her head at me like she knew something was about to go down that I should not become a part of.

"This little cutie yours Fudge? Y'all seem to like each other quite a bit from the way I saw her snuggled up to you as you drove by us yesterday morning. So I figured that she must be the one Chris was after and the one that killed him, but she only denied it. I don't believe her though, when she was at East she was always on the top of her class and impressed Chris and all the other leaders. So as what seems like you being her boyfriend, was she the one?"

I laughed and shook my head. "You are as dumb as ever Taylor. Just because I walk with someone and talk over stuff with them doesn't mean that they are my girlfriend and I'm close with them. You really need to do your research before you do big things like this. The people you should be looking for are the ones standing right in front of you. Chris attacked her and she knocked him out with a bow and her hands. Then once he came to I became judge, jury, and executioner. Once he admitted killing my group I killed him. We left him hanging back at the Sunset Drive-In if you want to go get him. So what are you gonna do now? I wouldn't suggest stepping towards us or you'd die right here, right now. You would make it only one step before you'd die."

What he then did was nothing that I could have expected. He threw Ky in front of him as he stepped forward, killing both her and himself. After that the snippers picked off all the men outside their cars while the rest took off. I ran to Ky crying and screaming as she died in my arms. She looked lost once she breathed her final breath. I gave a single scream and just felt like dying right there. This was my second girlfriend I've had died in my hands in the past year. I continued screaming and only stopped once I was shot by a sniper from one of Taylor's gang who was still watching us. I gave out a blood gurgling screech and woke up.

I woke up to being slapped five times. I looked up and I had Em, Alexis, Sophia, Sarah and Ky all over me and posed to slap me again if needed. "What did I sleep through an attack?" I found out later from Ky that I had been screaming for ten minutes before I was slapped by them. We were in the core of the city and were having lunch when I started screaming like a lunatic. I went and talked with Alex, Alexis, and Ky since they were the other three leaders. I pitched them my idea of the day off and they all seemed good with it. So we set off for the Charlotte Motor Speedway where we would have a nice day of peace.