Day Two

"Contact Blake," I said when I pushed my earpiece the next morning.

"What's up?" Blake asked when he answered. 

"I'm confused," I admitted. "I don't know. I had a really weird dream last night. Jax was in it."

"I thought you two broke up ages ago."

"We did. It gets weirder. In the dream I was with Caspar, like, we were together , and Jax was watching us with a jealous look on his face. I have no idea what it means."

"Do you still have feelings for Jax?"

"No! I broke up with him for a reason!" I cried. "I didn't really even like him in the first place! The only reason I went out with him was because I couldn't tell him no. I'm not that kind of person. A month or so later I broke up with him because I was too busy with my classes and other things for a boyfriend."

Blake sighed. "Then I don't know what your dream meant. Try asking Saffron. She's good with guy troubles."

"I tried calling her but she never answered. Besides, you know Saffron. She'll start squealing and freaking out. I've talked to her about guy things before and she just asked what he was like and what he looked like. If you'll excuse me, I need to get back to making breakfast. I have to turn my paper in today."

"Did you get it done?"

"Yes. I've got to go now. Bye, Blake."

"See ya."

I pushed my earpiece and went back into the kitchen to see a stack of pancakes in the middle of the table, a pan of eggs on the stove, and a plate of bacon.

"Did you do this, Caspar?" I asked, turning to face him in the doorway.

"Yep." Caspar then pulled out a chair with a plate in front of it. "Sit and eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

I sat but crossed my arms and huffed. "I was just about to make food."

"How about this; we take turns cooking or calling takeout every other meal."

"You did two in a row." My arms were still crossed.

"Then you can do lunch and dinner and start every other tomorrow."

"Whatever." I grabbed a pancake and took a bite. It was the best pancake I'd ever had in my whole life but I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to know I was grateful.

"How many classed do you have today?"

"Just two. And in case you're wondering, they're a few blocks away from each other but the drive is from twenty to fifty minutes." I took another bite.

"Sounds good. "Caspar finally sat down acroos from me. "When would you suggest leaving?"

I looked at the clock. "Um, in about half an hour."

The rest of breakfast and getting ready for the day was an awkward silence.

Then Caspar finally spoke. "You ready to go Sky?"

"Yeah. I still don't get why I can't take the bus and go to my classes on my own."

"Well, I wouldn't be doing my job if I let you go anywhere without my supervision."

"Yep," I said to myself while walking out to Caspar's car. "Blake's totally lost it."

"What was that?" Caspar asked when he started the car.

"Nothing." I turned to look out the window and before I knew it we were at my first class.

"You have your paper?" Caspar looked at me after he turned the car off.