Chapter 2

Unedited, again :( But here is chapter 2 ( I'm planning for the short one-shot to pick up a little after this chapter so thank you for bearing with me!)

**************************

Elizabeth awoke the next morning before the sun but she felt well rested and wide awake, excited for the twins to arrive so with nothing else to do she got started on getting ready for the day. When Elizabeth had successful completed that task she set to work grading papers and homework assignments making note of what each individual student needed work on and happily recorded that every student was doing rather well in all of the subjects. Elizabeth even managed to finish, leaving her weekend completely open for the twins even though they were only a couple months old so they would only be sleeping and eating really. She heard the sounds of Abigail getting up so she went downstairs to meet her.

Jack rolled over, tired after not sleeping much the night before as he tried getting ahead on paper work for less to do during the weekend allowing more time to be spent with his dear Elizabeth and the twins. He got up and ready so he could accompany Mrs. Noonan on her half a days ride to her families house were she would be spending the weekend. After which he planned on traveling home with godspeed to reach Elizabeth. Half an hour later he was out the door and heading over to the Noonans row house to help transport the twins and crib-carriage over to Abigail's cafe. And not long after that he was on the road on Tyler, his horse, with Nickle lightly trotting ahead safely carrying Mrs. Noonan and a sleeping Ephraim .

Meanwhile Elizabeth was entertaining the twins with the little wooden toys Abigail had gotten out of the attic, always talking softly to them because she had read that talking to children no matter how young was a positive thing to do. She was up in her bedroom with them, rocking them to sleep when Abigail closed the cafe early having already made a fair amount of profit now that the trial was all rapped up. Abigail walked up the stairs and suggested that they move the crib-carriage down stairs so Elizabeth could take a break, stop spoiling the poor dears, and get some food into her stomach. Elizabeth smiled and readily agreed. Not long after Elizabeth was alone in the cafe with the twins because Abigail had gone on a walk with Bill.