Chapter 9

"Rory! Could you come here a second please?" Mitchum shouts from the other room. I dry my hands and walk to the living room.

"Yes? Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes it is. I was just hoping to ask you, did the doctors say anything a physical therapist?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"We decided that Logan should go to a more well known therapist than the hospital one."

"Why?"

"Rory dear, don't fight on this one. He needs help and he'll get the best." I was angered at this point. He again was trying to run the show and flash his money. I put my hands on my hips.

"Mitchum dear, don't fight ME on this one. The doctor at the hospital is qualified and can do his job. Leave. It. Alone." I seethed. I was absolutely annoyed. I just got Logan back and here Mitchum is trying to run the show. Logan still seems dazed and hasn't spoken.

"Rory." Mitchum gives me a disapproving look.

"Mitchum. Let me be the caretaker. You take care of your own spouse." I snip back and walk back to help with dinner.

I hear Logan quietly say to his father to give me some space and not to push me on it.

"Dear God, she's become more sassy." I quietly chuckle to myself when I hear Logan add that last part.

We soon have dinner and soon enough Mitchum and Shira leave. I practically had to shove them out the door. I get it, their son just woke up and they want what's best for him and all this attention isn't it. I put Lory to bed while Logan looks through my phone at pictures. I quietly come back down and watch him staring intently at my phone. Tears falling down his face. I go up and kneel in front of him. I wipe his tears away.

"Listen, you've missed a lot but you're back now and it's only two years. You still have a few years before she leaves the house." We both silently chuckle.

"Listen Rory, Everyone around me has changed yet I'm still the same. Things are more advanced. Changing. Change. I would love to be with you and that hasn't changed but has your love changed?"

"Never." I say confidently.

"I've never loved three things more in my life. You, Lory, and our life." Logan kisses me softly and after I rest my forehead on his. We stay up a little longer laughing over Lory and some of her pictures. I made sure to take a picture of so many things for this moment. When Logan would wake up. After a few hours of cuddling while looking at picture and me catching Logan up on the past two years, I yawn.

"Ready to go to bed?" I nods my head. I take my phone and set it in my back pocket before wheeling Logan to the stairs at the bottom of the stairs. I help Logan out of his wheelchair and we slowly make our way up the stairs and to the bedroom. After years of him being in a coma like state he is very frail and very light. I nearly cry over everything he's lost. I get him tucked into bed and go back for his wheelchair. I set it up by him in case he has to use the bathroom at night.

"Goodnight Rory."

"Goodnight Logan."

I turn the light off and just lay there thinking. Logan was exhausted and already fell asleep. It's good to have things be back to how they were but I'm still so emotional. I've only been looking at how hard it's been for me and Lory. I never thought about Logan losing so much. I turn over and brush the stubble on his jaw. I love him with all my heart but can I keep doing this. All these struggles and heartaches. Will that be over if we stop trying to be together or will I be in more pain. Even though loving him is hard. Being without him is harder and brings more pain. I kiss his forehead and fall back on to my side of the bed. I'm doing this. For Lory, Logan, and myself.