Chapter 1

People say that history never repeats itself.

To which I call shenanigans!

Days constantly run from me, repeating themselves like a broken record. The most boring, average broken record that could ever exist. I was so bored of everything, I may even beg myself to fail an exam, even once, just so something, anything eventful could happen. But alas, the record continues to turn, eternally. AND IT'S SO DUMB.

I have what people refer to as 'everything'. My life consists of a pretty rich family, which I have a great relationship with, top grades, Tessa, my girlfriend, and a supportive friend group. I try not to take it for granted, but my life style rubs some people the wrong way. I easily hated for how well known I am in school, even though I try to lay low. This hate resonates strongly from a certain group of people known throughout the entirety of Spring Valley High as the 'Freakshow', and they despise people such as myself. People with money, popularity, intelligence, but not because they are jealous, but because we flaunt it. I attempt, to the best of my ability, to not show off, but apparently I fail miserably. All I have to do is avoid this said 'Freakshow' and all is well, but it usually poorly. I, for one, want nothing to do with any of it, but I always get round up in it being represented as a leader of the petty, to which I DID NOT ASK FOR. I wish I wouldn't have to consistently hide from a good ten percent of my peers.

As I walked through the thoroughly thick metal doors with a rough push to silver bar that ran across them, receiving many glares as well as peppy 'hellos' as I did. I walked down the ugly butter colored hallway, catching a few smiles from students scattered down the hall. Seconds after I had arrived at my potently colored carolina blue locker, two of my closest friends cluttered around the vicinity, one clutching my left arm. This would be my girlfriend, Tessa, she was an interesting character. She was fun to be around and kind of klutzy, but also intelligent, and student council president. Most would have expected me to go for the captain of the cheerleading team, but athletes around here are about as petty as petty gets..... And we don't have a cheerleading squad.

"Liam, you ready for the chem project? I know it's dumb but I'm so excited!" Tessa squealed loudly over the rumble of students cluttering the hallway. "To bad we don't get to pick our groups." Jason grumbled. Jason and I have been best friends since birth, as our parents had known each other previously. Our bond has been pretty fragile due to the fact that we are complete opposites, he a jock and me a nerd.

"What, you're kidding," Tessa screeched, tightening her grip around my arm, "I'm going to get stuck with one of those Freakshows?!" She continued to whine, closing her eyes tight.

"Tsk, nice to know we're held so highly in this school." spoke and unknown voice. The slam of a locker soon followed, along with footsteps that seemed to be glaring at me. A girl with was strutting away from us. From what I could see, she had captivating black hair, wore dark clothing, and had a green cross body bag slouched over her shoulder.

"Em, who was that?" I asked, befuddled.

"Wait you don't know?" Jason asked, leaning against the female's locker, "She's in our a lot of your classes isn't she? Then again the girl never speaks, so I wouldn't be surprised that you haven't noticed her. Her name is Sonja Cuevas, known for being heartlessly stone faced and silent, part of the Freakshows. However, she's probably the hottest Freakshow out there." He said, a smirk rising to his mouth.

"Don't bother with that stoic ball of ignorance Liam, she's just another one of them, it's best we don't get mixed up with her." Tessa snapped, placing her hands on her hips and tossing her long bouncing curls out of her face. "I understand that, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like we maybe shouldn't have said that." I said, feeling guilt pile up in my stomach.