Rosie's Diner

"Benji? Benjiiii, hello? Earth to nerd boy?" You called softly, staring back into his honey glazed eyes as it was clear his mind was elsewhere. With a quick snap of your fingers, he blinked awake and was suddenly alert and present. A grin grew wide on your face, as he resembled a little lost kitten in the dark.

"Oh s-sorry" He just managed to stutter, shaking his head and bowing it slightly to avoid any eye contact. "I'm a bit of a daydreamer" His smile was small and his fingers grasped onto his nails, as he still refused to look you in the eye.

"No kidding" You teased, subtly attempting to flirt with the blue eyed boy sitting opposite you. With a smirk your eyes trailed over to him as he finally looked back and you shared a grin.

Your straw swirled around the bottom of your glass, moving in between the lumps of left over milkshake you didn't feel like slurping. Ever since you sat down on that cherry coloured leather your thoughts were swirling more than your straw. Was he having a nice time? It was more than clear by now, that Benji was pretty reserved. But there was still this feeling inside you, that made you convince yourself you were ruining his first date.

"Do you ever get nervous?...like before you perform?" You blurted, a mild attempt at instigating some form of conversation after half an hour of silent day dreaming.

"Well uh, not-really? Performing is my favourite thing in the world, I only ever look forward to it" He explained, the sparkle in this eye brighter than ever as you grinned widely at yourself.

"Can I ask you a question?" His eyes diverted down to his shake, before trailing back up to make contact with yours. Unintentionally you raised your eyebrow, as he nervously sipped the chocolate milk from his straw.

"Sure, shoot" You answered casually, curious to what he was going to question you about. He let out a deep sigh before glancing over at you, and scratching the back of his neck.

"W-what do you think of Jesse?" He stuttered, purposefully avoiding any and all contact. Your eyes automatically rolled to the back of your skull, he thinks you like Jesse.

"Listen nerd boy, Jesse is awesome but he's like my goofy older brother. We're close but we don't see each other like that, okay?" You placed your hand on his and rubbed his knuckles with the pad of your thumb. He eventually looked up at you as you shot him a comforting smile, he just nodded with a slight grin.

"But this is fun. We don't really like know a lot about each other, let's keep the questions coming." You suggested with a nod, immediately pushing your cup to the side to make room on the table to prop your shoulders up. He chuckled lightly, twiddling his thumbs.

"...Why are you so nervous around me?" You asked in the softest voice possible, avoiding the cause of any offence. The skin around his eyes stretched as his pupils diluted and he almost gasped in fear.

"I-y-you're so really awesome and cool and I l-like you." He stumbled over his words, focusing on his hands but trying his hardest to remain some form of eye contact. Without intending to the ends of your mouth curled into a wide grin, as you leaned over and pressed your lips against his.

"I like you too nerd boy" You smirked, as he blushed a bright crimson and left immediately to use the restroom. As he made his way towards the bathroom, you watched him leave, staring longingly. Does this mean you're actually a thing now?

"Well this is me..." You neglected his hand, as you both reached the outside of his dorm room. A slight chuckled crept up on you as you shook your head lightly.

"I know Benji, I've been here before" His hand found its way to the back of his neck as he scratched it nervously. The hallway was silent for a moment before you both went to speak at the same time.

"I had a.." You said in unison, laughing at your synchronous. Without hesitation you were beaming at him once again, his sparkling eyes staring back into yours as he smiled.

"I had a great time Casey..." He mumbled, as you stroked your hand down his forearm and bit lightly on the inside of your lip. As his eyes met yours you shared a grin, before you leaned in and kissed his soft lips. The door swung open as Jesse stopped in his tracks and you slowly pulled away, Benji's eyes still closed and lips still puckered.

"Oh...sorry guys I didn't...I'll just. Bye" He muttered awkwardly, not knowing where to look. Benji snapped from his daze as you sighed and he giggled. You ran your hand through his hair, as you swept back his curls and the glimmer in your eye shone.

"So listen nerd boy, I think we should do this you know? Like you and me." You blurted confidentially before re-evaluating the words that suddenly left your mouth. His eyes widened as he smiled and nodded.

"You mean you want me to be your boyfriend?" He muttered innocently, your fingers traced down his wrists and snaked their way around his hands as you shook your head in agreement.

"I'd love that"