one

out on the streets, with nothing but my dead phone and a pack of cigarettes. they're useless though, since i forgot to bring a lighter.

i don't even know where to go, not even where i am. basically i got into a fight with my parents, and i ran.

this place isn't familiar at all and no one is here, a freezing cold breeze is in the air and i'm out here with a tank top.

i was still walking when i went against someone. did i mention it's dark outside and i'm supposed to wear glasses?

??- "hey, look where you're going." it was guy. he was clearly annoyed.

haesoo- "sorry, i'm partially blind." i said in a sarcastic tone which made the boy laugh. "for real though! don't laugh at my serious condition!" the guy accentuates his laughs and eventually he stopped. "my name is haesoo and... well, first of all, do you have a lighter?"

of course, smoking was way more important then finding some place to spend the night.

he only chuckled and threw the lighter on me.

haesoo- "well, thanks." i lighted my cigarette and handed him the lighter.

??- "i'm chanyeol."

haesoo- "nice to meet you. by the way, do you, by any change, know if there's any place i can spend the night with zero budget?" i asked and he chuckled once again.

chanyeol- "my house. but now that i think of it, i should start charging."

haesoo- "oh sure, business of the year! i bet these streets are full of problematic teenagers desperately looking for a place to stay, at the point of saying yes to staying with a stranger."

chanyeol- "sounds like an accurate description of yourself."

haesoo- "indeed." we laugh. "so, is your house far from here or?"

chanyeol- "come, we're almost there."

he started walking, assuming i would follow him. he was right.

in just a few minutes we stopped in front of a light blue building.

without a word we got into it and went up to the second floor. he then opened the door to his apartment.

chanyeol- "here we are. how long do you plan to stay here?"

haesoo- "i'll just spend the night, i'll probably be weak and go back to my parents' tomorrow."

chanyeol- "what a rebel."

haesoo- "don't try me!" we laugh once again. he was nice. and cute. "hey can I charge my phone? please?"

chanyeol- "sure, wait a minute." he left the living room and i decided to lay down on the couch.

i suddenly feel a new presence on the couch. a small, gray cat, that leaned against me as i started to pet him.

chanyeol- "here." he handed me a charger.

haesoo- "thanks." i placed it beside me.

i took out my pack of cigarettes, was going to take one when chanyeol stops me.

chanyeol- "don't smoke inside."

haesoo- "why not?"

chanyeol- "him." he petted the little cat.

haesoo- "what's his name?"

chanyeol- "goyang-i." [cat in korean]

haesoo- "you really named your cat cat?"

chanyeol- "you can't say it's inappropriate."

i chuckle.

haesoo- "but i can say it's uncreative."

chanyeol- "if you think so. but not a lot of people remember to name their cats cat."

haesoo- "nobody is as stupid." i joke.

chanyeol- "you say i'm stupid, i say i'm  genius."

we laugh.

haesoo- "i'm not arguing with you on that. by the way, where do you smoke?"

chanyeol- "what makes you think i smoke?"

haesoo- "if you didn't you probably wouldn't have a lighter so handy, am i right?"

chanyeol- "okay, you win." he admits and i smile.

haesoo- "i know."

chanyeol- "i usually go to the roof to smoke.."

haesoo- "why so?"

chanyeol- "you'll understand once you get there." he started walking to the door again in the though that i would follow him, but i was just fine in that couch. "are you coming or?"

haesoo- "ugh fine, just cause i want to smoke." i move and with that goyang-i gets up and runs away.

we both get outside and he leads us to the stairs and we start going up.

about halfway i was already kind of dead.

chanyeol- "come on thingie, there's not even that much stairs." he laughs at me, continuing to go up.

haesoo- "son of bitch..." i say with an heavy breath.

chanyeol- "come catch me, if you can."

he started running just to tease me. i could simply ignore but... nah.

so i started running as well and only stopped once I reached the rooftop.

haesoo- "chanyeol you're so dead!!" i run towards him. "wow, this place is beautiful." i saw once i look around.

chanyeol- "i know." he took out the lighter. "can i have one?"

i took out my pack, opened and handed it to the taller beside me.

he took one and i did the same. i lighted my cigarette and gave him the lighter.

at this point we were only smoking, contemplating the view of all the city lights in front of us

chanyeol "why?"

haesoo- "why what?"

chanyeol- "why did you start smoking?"

haesoo- "oh." i took another hint. "well, I was first offered and as in that time i was already lost, giving zero fucks, i accepted. then i was offered a pack. i took it. since then i started smoking alone when everything was falling apart. it truly helped. now? now it does nothing, but it's a comfort. i guess that's what an habit.. an addiction is. you?"

••
meh, idek
just some random ass exo fanfiction.
i hope u enjoy it anyways.