Chapter 28

Lexi

"Shakeya I know I come at you and I apologize. I'm trying to get to know y'all and I see that you will do anything for Desire. Jasmine was my sister to and I just wish you could have let me handle her before you killed her."

She just looked at me and walked out of the room.

"Don't take it personal Lexi. She is just not a person to open up to people." Desire said going after her.

I don't know if Shakeya and I will ever be in a good place. I just don't want to be at odds with a professional killer.

Desire

Key was sitting in the den looking out the window. Something else was eating at her.

"You good Key?"

She was just staring out at the city.

"Des I didn't want to kill her. Hell I wasn't going to until she said she had beef wit you over Lexi. I'm just tired of people coming at us. I killed Riggz too." she said finally looking at me.

I knew it was something. Riggz really hurt Key back in the day.

"Shakeya why didn't you tell me?"

"I had to kill him. Just like I have to kill Matthew. Look I know you don't want to know this, but he is going to try and hurt you. We need to handle it and handle it now." she said.

I didn't want it to come to this but I know she is right.

I know in my heart that he is going to come after me. I hurt him by saying I was in love with Aubrey.

"Shakeya do what you have to do. Just remember we are mother's now. Make it back home sis cause I need you around. It's just us now since Desaundra is dead." I said fighting back my own tears.

We hugged and then she asked me to get Kelly.

When I went back in the living room Jewel was here. When she asked for Shakeya I already knew they were putting a plan in action.

I went upstairs to see Aubrey on the bed sleeping with both of our daughter's next to him.

I have to protect my family by any means.