Chapter Seventeen.

Do I really need education?

It's literally the first thing that came to my mind when my alarm went off this morning.

I'll just become River's manager when he becomes a great singer and tours the world. That'd be fun.

"I don't need a degree to become your manager, right?" I voiced my thoughts just as I heard footsteps near my closet's door.

Oh, you poor thing. I'm psychic.

I heard River groan and stomp his foot as he came into view. "I was really hiding in a good place this time. How do you even know every single time!" River ranted, coming out of the closet.

I smiled from my lying position but quickly changed it with a yell when River jumped on my bed making me roll down the bed, my face colliding with the floor.

"No I take it back. I do not want to be your manager." I shouted back at him, pushing my hair off my face.

"We'll figure that out when I'll become a huge rock star, and you'd be dying from my looks and begging me to be friends with you."

"The day I die from your looks will be the day I..."

"Die?" River wiggled his eyebrows.

I punched him hard for that.

"So you claim that you're gonna forget me after you get famous. Wait for my revenge."

"Well, who knows I get tired of you?" He teased further, getting on my nerves.

"Whatever. I'll hire a serial killer to kill you."

"Because if you can't have me others can't too?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I scoffed. "Who do you think you are? David Bekham? Brad Pitt? Mark?" I said the last bit in pure confidence.

"I am totally better than Mark, I tell you."

"Pfft, please. You're not as gentleman as he is."

"Yeah, right. And you don't fall for gentlemen." He chuckled.

I threw a pillow right at his face. "Oh, shut up."

"Kids!" We heard Gran yell at us. That was our warning to quiet down.

I closed my eyes, smiling shamelessly. River cleared his throat and whispered, getting up from the bed.  "Actually I'm here to talk to you about something important. Get dressed I'll wait downstairs."

~~~

I stumbled downstairs mumbling some song that Gran was probably listening on the radio while she dances in the kitchen making my breakfast everyday.

River was engrossed in some heated argument with mom over politics. They're literally always going on about it. And I hate politics and anything to do with it.

Aubrey sat on the kitchen counter eating some cereal. "Where's Bonnie?" I asked her, ruffling her hair to annoy her like the annoying person that I am.

River looked up and answered. "Sometimes she likes to have breakfast with her own parents, you know." He offered, sipping coffee from his mug.

I grinned sheepishly and sat beside River. Mom left the kitchen to get ready for work and Gran went to the bathroom as Aubrey finished her breakfast and went in her room to pack up her bag for school.

River looked at me and signed. "I don't know where to start."

"How about good morning?" I offered.

He rolled his eyes. "Your morning was good as soon as you saw me first thing in the morning."

"I saw my fan, the first thing in the morning." I corrected him, putting cereal in the bowl.