Chapter six: Plum

"Your turn, Brinley!" I took a hold of the empty glass bottle and spun it. This boring brown color swirled around, determining my fate. Its opening slowly stopped at a leafy green eyed boy.

"Ew, gross! I'm not kissing Tyler!" The girls around me squealed as I said my answer.

"Shots! Shots!" Kyra passed me a light blue glass filled with a clear liquid as they chanted. I looked around at the familiar faces as I smiled.

Cheers erupted as I swung my head back, downing the disgustingly sour drink. "Oh my god," I said, coughing the words through, "I hate lemon juice,"

"Guys, quiet. My parents are downstairs," Silent whispers filled the room after someone spoke. I hiccuped and placed the glass on the stained carpet. "What do they care, Elliotte?" I laughed as I hit her shoulder lightly, "They're just a bunch of old people,"

Her pretty face smeared with makeup had a smile placed in the middle. I turned back to the middle of the circle. Turning to my left, I said, "Kyra~, it's your turn~,"

Her trembling hand reached forwards and twisted the bottle. Around and around it spun until it stopped at him again. "Tyler, aren't you lucky tonight?" the boys around him hollered and cheered as he blushed.

"Okay, I'll do it," Silence followed as she whispered.

"Are you crazy? Lily is going to be so mad!" My mind went imagining Tyler's girlfriend, a cheerleader nonetheless, who hated Kyra.

"I don't know why you hang out with her. She is such a-," She used to say, pointing at Kyra's ripped jeans. But Tyler always defended her, "That's just her style, Lily. Leave her alone,"

I was knocked out of my memory as I heard all the people around me cheer. Squeals and manly cries cut the silence. I looked at the center of where we were sitting and smiled.

"Alright you two, cut it out," I said, pulling Kyra away as Tyler placed his hand on her back. Kyra pushed me away and continued with Tyler.

Tyler slowly lifted Kyra's shirt, exposing her pale back. She quickly pulled away from his clinging lips and smiled. "Alright, Tyler!" the boys yelled, slapping him on the back and shoulders.

A dimpled smile fell on his face as he stared at Kyra's blushing one. She turned to me and pointed towards the door. "Hey guys, I think the lemon juice is getting to me. I'll be right back," I grabbed my bag and stood, trying to wipe away the cracker crumbs.

"Hey, why don't I join you?" I turned around as I started closing the door. "In your dreams, Bryson," I smiled and quietly closed the door.

More cheers were heard as I walked away. The door suddenly opened again. I jumped and quickly turned around. "Jesus, Kyra, you almost gave me heart attack,"

"Sorry," She whispered. I smiled at her as I headed to the bathroom. Her slow footsteps followed behind me.

"Oh my god, why didn't you tell me I looked like this?" I said as the mirror showed me my reflection.

I turned for Kyra's answer when I was interrupted by my laugh. I grabbed a tissue and started wiping Kyra's smeared lipstick away. "Couldn't get enough of him, could you?" I said as her face deepened pink.

"Oh my god, it was just a game,"

"Ooo, Kyra~, do you like him?" My voice went higher as I questioned her. Her smile dimples went farther as she smiled. I laughed at her cute shyness and continued wiping away red.

"A bit," she replied, still being cute. I squealed and hugged her close.

"My Kyra is growing up so fast!" I started jumping with her still attached to me. Her head hit my chin, making me bit my lip.

"I'm so sorry," She said, laughing, as I placed my hand on my busted lip. I pulled it away, showing a watery red puddle on my fingers.

"It's okay," I said as I laughed nervously. She quickly picked up the tissue with lipstick crumbs and held it up to my lip.

Concern and determination was gracefully placed on her face. I smiled and let her dab away the rose liquid.