Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Tuesday June, 20

The next morning I woke up around 10:30 feeling refreshed after the stressful day I had the day before. The sun was seeping through the shades as I rose from my peaceful sleep. For a moment I was taken aback by a room that I didn't recognize but quickly remembered where I was. I took my time getting out of bed. When I was finally energized enough to get up and I hopped in the shower. When I got back to my room I let my hair air dry as I opened my suitcase to unpack and find something to wear for the day. Picking out a simple plain, white, V-neck t-shirt and light wash jean shorts I got dressed. I quickly did my hair in two french braids, too lazy to do anything else with it. When I was done with my hair I applied a little bit of mascara but didn't feel the need to wear any other make-up.

Feeling accomplished simply for the fact that I didn't toss my hair in a messy bun and throw on some sweats I headed to the kitchen to find something to eat. On the counter I found a note that read:

"Ari,

Already left for work, didn't wanna wake you! Sorry there's no food in the house, but here's 20 bucks, go grab some breakfast (and probably lunch, sorry!). I'll be home around six with dinner. I recommend Annie's Diner, best breakfast pastries in town and I'm not just saying it because my best friend owns it! Besides that the boardwalk is filled with awesome restaurants and shops so go check it out!  Try to have fun today, hit the beach and enjoy the sun. See you when I get home.

Love to love yuh, Brit♥"

Smiling I grabbed the 20 dollar bill, went to my room to grab my baby blue converse and black ray-ban sunglasses, and headed out. The town my sister lives in is tiny.  It's called Beaufort and it's essentially the beach town everyone has always dreamed of living in or at least dreamed of owning a vacation house in. It's small and is oozing cute with its boardwalk in the center of town and always seems to be the right temperature. The town has two stop lights that I can think of and you could probably walk from one end of town to the other in about an hour.

I walked slowly to the boardwalk, which is about 3 minutes from my sister's house, looking in shop windows and making a mental list of what I wanted to checkout until I stumbled upon Annie's Diner. Taking my sisters advice I headed in. After looking over the menu that hung over the cashier's head I ordered small iced sweet tea and a chocolate chip muffin. I took a seat in the back corner of the Diner and pulled my I-phone out of my back pocket to check my texts and social media while I ate.

When I finished my muffin it was about 12 O'clock. I began to plan the rest of my day out in my head as I stood and threw away my trash, taking my iced tea with me. On my way out the door I walked right into a very hard chest. I stumbled only a little bit before two hands reached out to steady me. Looking up slowly I locked eyes with a gorgeous boy.  Or man. Maybe man was a better word to describe him because he certainly looked more like a man than a boy, although I was pretty sure he was only a couple of years older than me. He wore a red t-shirt with a "Foster and Sons Construction"  logo in the top left corner that fit him perfectly. I noted that he was muscular, not too muscular, but just right. He wore light wash blue jeans and a pair of Timberland work boots that looked pretty worn out. On his head, containing sandy brown hair, he wore a blue ball cap with the word Beaufort written in red letters. The hat also looked well used. In the process of checking him out I noticed that he was tan, the kind of tan I've always dreamed of being. He was, and I don't say this lightly, intimidatingly handsome. "You okay?" he asked slowly with a slight southern drawl, seeming genuinely concerned. Damn, even his voice was hot. Are hot voices even a thing? "Hellooo," he said, chuckling a little this time.

"What? Right. Oh. Umm, yeah! Sorry, I'm fine! Thanks for catching me and sorry for walking into you," came my unplanned, awkward response. I mentally face palmed.

Smiling, he revealed two rows of perfectly straight teeth."It's fine. It was probably partially my fault. I'm on my lunch break and I was rushing and definitely not paying as much attention as I should have been." Well, how could a girl be mad at that?

I blushed slightly before smiling back. "Consider yourself forgiven. You might wanna head in before that line gets too long." I suggested politely while pointing over my shoulder at the now growing line inside of Annie's.

He laughed a little before replying, "Don't worry about me, I have connections." I nodded at that, not really knowing what to say next. He seemed to notice at the same time as I did that his hands were still on my arms because he quickly dropped them. After a few more beats he said "You're right though, I should probably get going. I'm Logan by the way." He offered his hand for me to shake.

"Aribella. Umm, most people call me Ari though." His hand was calloused yet soft somehow, and his handshake was firm. He smiled again and my heart hammered in my chest so hard I worried it might come out.

"Well Ari, it was nice running into you. I'll be seeing you around." He said in what sounded like a vow he intended on keeping.

"Sure." I replied due to lack of anything better coming to mind. Turning slowly, I headed to explore the boardwalk while replaying the encounter in my head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I'm banging chapters out pretty quickly this time so hopefully the next chapter is out in the next day or two. Feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments and if you enjoyed please vote!

Have your selves a fabulous Sunday night.

XO,

'til next time, Jules♥