Prologue

The water of Sweetwater River, turbulent and dark, ran a deep red that Saturday in September, as a second body washed up on its shores –a middle aged woman with a bullet wound to her head. She was a former town council member who abused her power to defraud thousands of dollars from local charities. To the locals of both the north and south, it was a rude awakening that their placid, rural town was no longer an oasis – something Betty Cooper had known since she first started receiving riddles from the bringer of death himself; the Black Hood.

The Black Hood loomed over Betty like a dark cloud, ready at any minute to unleash a violent downpour of misery. She followed his rules out of fear that he might hurt others. She hoped that by doing so she could build a relationship with the hooded figure that might help her to identify him. It was a dangerous game to play, but Betty was willing to do whatever it would take to rid Riverdale of evil. But there would be more bodies to come and more clues to unravel.

And she wouldn't have to do it alone, either. Her friends, Archie Andrews, Jughead Jones and Veronica Lodge would see to that, though, if there were anything that changed quicker than the weather in Riverdale, it would be friendship and alliances. After all, we only find out the truth about anyone or anything once it surfaces from the depths and the tide washes it to our feet. Sometimes the truth scares or angers us, and other times it unearths things that we've long buried inside. But it is this truth that clears the water from our lungs and lets us breathe, free and alive, again.

A/N: Hey everyone. This is just a prologue to the upcoming chapter. If you're not into Barchie in any shape or form, this story isn't for you.

This is also a forewarning that there will be smut and language that might be offensive to some readers in this story. 

Please vote, comment and share. Hope you enjoy, xox.