Chapter 1: Chance

The events happen when both Sasuke and Erza are 19 years of age. Naruto makes an appearance in the later chapters. (writing and pacing is bad at the start, but I am trying to improve on that.)

Inspired by Seeking Answers and Unlikely Encounter.

It's been a year since I got this idea and I am posting it here on my sister's suggestion. There's already a copy of this posted on the fanfiction.net website, but there are minor improvements in here.

Chapter length : 7500 words.

.................................................................................................................

((((((Raiko-hen))))))

It was evening in Magnolia which was busy bustling with life. Due to the guests who were shopping, salary men who just got off from work and students returning from home going past Magnolia station, the entire place became very lively.

While nimbly avoiding the flow of the crowd and carefully choosing ingredients for dinner later, Levy Mcgarden spotted someone in the crowd. Even someone as petite as Levy was able to spot that vibrant red hair from a distance.

Although she did not have a chubby relationship with her that was like between her and Lucy, but since Erza was practically their guild's queen of fairies and not to mention, she saved her life on countless occasions, she thought to greet her and say hi. Not to mention, the other party is very sensitive to the smell of a good bargain. Anything which involved her favorite strawberry cake.

"It's just a normal polite greeting."

While staring at the back of the head of the fellow resident from Fairy Hills and her neighbor, Erza Scarlet, and slowly approaching her, Levy noticed something.

"Uh, uh. Not good." She quivered on observing what was wrong.

Erza was standing in front of the closed store which already had its shutters down and was in a daze. Her eyes seemed lifeless, her form frozen like Gray just used his Ice magic and turned her into a beautiful sculpture.

To be exact, she looked like she was going somewhere when suddenly somebody stopped the time for her as soon as she reviewed the shop and its state. Her left hand dragging the cart and her head turned. All frozen as the crowd continued to move past her, minding their own business.

Levy carefully approached the cheese cake lover.

"Um... Is something wrong, Erza-san?"

Usually, Erza would have immediately addressed her, since she wanted to set herself as an example for the ideal knight.

"... Ah, Levy."

Finally, Erza seemed to turn her neck. But, something seemed strange.

Her eyes looked very lax and she was gaping at her. The Erza she knew would never commit such a mistake as she would deem the act as disregarding your friends by not showing your compassion.

"What, what happened? Are you feeling unwell?" Levy asked out of concern. Given the excessive luggage she had on her, one would normally think she was moving out.

But, Levy knew. She was probably going out on a mission. That must be the reason why the guild was so quiet when she visited earlier.

"This..." Her voice was trembling as she opened her mouth. A hesitant finger was shot towards the shop's door and the notice stuck on it. "...Tell me, this isn't true..."