Chapter 2

I stared at the photo of an elegant-looking woman standing at the entrance of the park, hand-in-hand with a little girl standing right next to her. It has been exactly a year of my grandma's death and I still can't get over the fact that she is not here with me anymore. I have been living with her since I was born before she passed away. My parents once told me that whenever they tried to take me home with them, I would cry ceaselessly and end up getting high fever. I had a closer relationship with my grandma compared to any of my family members. She was the only one who would always be there for me whenever I face difficulties. Not my parents, brother, friends but her. She understands me better than anyone else. Now that she is completely gone, I feel so... empty.

"Honey! Someone is here to look for you!" I heard my mum calling out from the living room.

As i went down the stairs, I spotted him wearing a comfy-looking sweatshirt, jeans and.... black thick glasses? That was definitely not the Erik Clark i see in school. I have to admit, i prefer this smart look rather than the hipster look. Sure, most of the girls in school would not approve of this look but come on it's still the diligent, dashing looking Erik Clark, ladies! I mean, what is the point of someone who has the looks but comprehends a non-functioning brain?

"You done checking me out?" His voice snapped out of my thoughts.

I blink in surprise. "What? No, I wasn't even-"

Before i could even finish defending myself, he pushed pass me abruptly and said "Let's not waste our time and get our tutoring done."

I let out a frustrated sigh and followed him up the stairs. Why can't he be nice for once? Just once. Is that too much to ask?

I gave him a peevish look as he was taking out the assessment books. Different visage, same old disgusting personality.

"Now, let's get this done and over with." He said as he finished sorting out the books.

"No." I said in a low tone.

"What? What do you mean no?" He narrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"How can we get this done and over with," I imitated his voice. "When none of us are co-operating with each other? At least I'm trying to be nice but you? You're always being the egoistic bastard!" I raised my voice with full of anger.

I looked at him to wait for his outburst but instead, he gave me that usual cold stare. That is it. I'm done putting up with this douchebag.

"Just get the hell out of here." I said the last sentence before I stormed off to my room.

I curled myself in bed with her picture in my hands. Why do some people have to be so mean? To be specific, why do Erik have to be so vicious? I don't remember doing anything bad to him. I would call him heartless but then again, he does have a heart. Perhaps, a frozen heart? Which explains his cold stare, cold personality, cold manners. Everything about him is cold as ice! No wonder he has never dated anyone. With a heart like that, who would actually want to date him? I stared down at my grandma's picture as tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Who is that? I'm kind of busy right now!" I shouted out to whoever that was.

"It's Erik."

I hold my gaze to the ground for a moment. What is he still doing in here? Didn't i just throw him out?

"No one wants to see your face, go home!" I shouted back.

I was taken aback as i saw him standing right in front of me. Ugh, I don't want to hear anything from him anymore. His words hurts my feelings constantly.