Jelly Bean

Life is like a box if jelly beans. You're not sure what you're going to get, until you open it. There are some bad beans, and some good beans. Though there are times when you think you grabbed a good bean, it turns out to be bad. Which can cause one to wonder, how many bad beans did we ignore that were actually good?

"Ick! Burger" "Eww!" My friends wrinkled their noses in disgust as I spit the bean into a napkin. I got up from the bleachers in search for a trash can. They were normally near the main entrance, but someone had already taken it away. So I walked down the hallway so see if there were any other trash cans near by.

A bellowing roar then shattered my ear drums. My body pressed against the wall as the volume got louder until, "Hey Sarah! Ya coming to the game?" I turned my head to the seven jocks. All muscular and smelly. One was even being piggy backed, and the two were the same size. Wasn't surprised when the two crashed into the wall by the sudden stop in momentum.

"Come on Sarah" coaxed another, "It's a yes or no question. Shouldn't be too hard" His smirk caused me to shutter. Doug, the jock that spoke first, pushed him. and snapped, "Hey, don't pester her." The jocks laughed. This was the perfect time to slip away, so I did. I dashed into the girl's locker room then huddled into the showers.

The showers are gross, covered with soapy residue and linger of mold. Thank God this shower wasn't like that today. Though it made crying in it so much easier.

I heard some shuffling within the locker room, so I muffled my tears. Though I don't think it helped much.

"You ran in Trent and his crew again"

I nodded.

"...I can't see you behind the curtain, Sarah."

I pushed the curtain away then sat on the stone edge of the shower. I apologized, "Sorry, it smells really nice in there." "You're welcome, made sure the lemon soap didn't leave any residue for you." "You're so thoughtful Claire" I remarked sarcastically, which she responded with a chuckle then tapped my nose with her finger. "So tell me the latest in the Middle School Blues." "Still the same" I sighed.

Claire opened her arms then waved her gloved hands, I smiled slightly then scooted across the titled floor. She embraced me then kissed my forehead. She comforted me as my tears resumed. Her strong lemon scent burned my nose, but my heart needed this. I could feel the pressure release by each tear's travel, by each drop that landed on Claire's apron.

"Don't worry" Claire cooed, "You'll find your cherry" I laughed then said, "Mmm, cherry. Cherry's my favorite jelly bean." "I know" she chuckled, "he'll be so sweet and juicy." We laughed a bit to hard, but saying those things about a guy felt so bad. Yet somehow, it felt so good believing that I will find someone that is like a cherry jelly bean.