Chapter 3

Maya walked through the snow, arms around her body trying to keep herself warm. She couldn't feel her hands and she was uncontrollably shaking. She suddenly felt lightheaded and everything went dark. Seconds before she went unconscious, she heard strange music play in the distance. Then silence.
Maya slowly opened her eyes, something smelled really good. She shakily sat up from where she slept and looked around the room. She was laying on a couch, a blanket was neatly tucked in around her, there was hot coco on a chair that looked like it was pulled in next to where she was. The tv was on, there was a robot on it speaking in a very fun voice. A skeleton walked in. Noticing I was awake, his face lit up and he walked over to me excitedly, "HELLO! YOU SEEMED TO HAVE AWOKEN! FEAR NOT! I THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL ASSIST YOU WITH ANYTHING YOU NEED!" Papyrus spoke while putting his hand on his hip, his scarf flowing in the nonexistent wind. Maya looked at him and giggled from how adorable this skeleton was. "Where am I?" Maya asked shyly, Papyrus looked at Maya, "YOU'RE AT ME AND MY BROTHER SANS' HOUSE!" Papyrus spoke loudly as he sat down on the chair next to Maya, setting the coco on the table. "Who's sans?" Maya asks as she glances around the room. "OH! HE'S MY BROTHER. HE HELPED YOU OUT WHEN I FOUND YOU." Papyrus spoke happily, he seemed very fond of his brother. This brought a smile to Maya's face. "How did I get here?" Maya asked shyly, laying back down on the couch. Papyrus' eyes narrow and responds, "YOU ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS. BUT I SHALL ANSWER ALL OF THEM!" Papyrus clears his throat and begins to tell the story.
~Flashback~
Papyrus was waiting in the snow for the human to arrive so then Papyrus could capture them. He hears a thud behind him and he notices that someone has passed out in the snow. This made Papyrus very anxious and he panically picked Maya up and ran back home. Once Papyrus got to the front door, he nocked it. The door opened, revealing Sans on the other side. "BROTHER! SHE'S HURT! PLEASE HELP ME!" Papyrus pleaded, Sans took a step back and his eyes widened realizing what happened and responded, "Sure, bro. Hurry and get her inside." Papyrus ran inside, setting Maya on the couch. Papyrus sets a pillow underneath her head and grabs a blanket and tucks Maya in. After that, Sans walked in with a cup of cocoa, he grabs a chair and pulls it in next to Maya and sets the cocoa on it. "Bro? I'm going upstairs. I'll be down in a bit." Sans spoke, Papyrus nodding in agreement while sans walks upstairs and closes his bedroom door.
~End of Flashback~
"You guys really did that for me? Thank you so much!" Maya smiled brightly, taking a sip of her cocoa. 'Woah. This is so good!' Maya thought as she took another sip. Papyrus watches in awe, and smiles. The sudden sound of a door closing makes Maya's ears perk up in surprise. She glances up to where the noise came from. Sans stopped midway down the stairs, his eyes widening. Maya's eyes widen also, 'It's the skeleton from the Main Menu..' Maya thought as Sans and Maya stared at each other for what seemed like forever.
Papyrus makes uncomfortable glances at Sans and Maya, "UM, DID I MISS SOMETHING?" Papyrus spoke, glancing at sans expectantly. Sans clicks out of his trance and glances back at Papyrus. "Oh. Uh, it's nothing bro. Don't 'rattle your bones' over it." Sans reply's with a wink, trying to hold back a chuckle. Papyrus stares at Sans, dumbfounded. Maya giggles at the pun. Sans glances over at Maya with a blue hue rising to his cheeks. "Hey! Don't encourage him!" Papyrus yelled and crossed his arms in annoyance. Sans chuckles at Papyrus and looks over at Maya. "So, I don't think we got your name yet. Care to tell us?" Sans spoke, pitting his hands in his pockets. Maya glances away shyly, and responds, "Maya.. it's Maya." "That's a cool name. The names Sans, Sans the Skeleton. And this is my Brother, Papyrus." Sans responds, pointing at Papyrus with a smile on his face. "NYES! DO YOU HAVE ANYWHERE TO STAY, MAYA?" Papyrus asks, Maya looks down at the ground in embarrassment. "N-no.. I don't.." "OH. YOU CAN STAY HERE IF YOU'D LIKE!" Papyrus exclaims excitedly, Maya's eyes widening with a smile growing on her face. "Oh! Y-yeah! Thank you so much!" Maya responded happily, laughing to herself. Sans glances at Maya, a blue hue rushing to his face. 'Maybe it wouldn't be that bad having her here.' Sans thought, glancing at Maya and Papyrus, smiling.