Chapter 1

Today felt different. My eyes were difficult to open as I peered around my room and set my focus onto the over growing pile of clothes that needed to be washed. It was a typical Saturday morning and I had no plans as per usual maybe I should just do my laundry and be productive.

I spun the dial on our antique washing machine and pressed start,three irritating beeps sounded from the machine as I walked out the room through the hall and into the kitchen. A note awaited me on the counter next to the microwave.

"Jayden, Sorry I had to leave so early but there's lots of cars need looking at. Ill be home about four and ill bring a McDonald's in with me. P.s there's pop tarts in the microwave for you see you soon, dad."

As I sat down with my pop tarts in one hand and a mug of tea in the other I placed myself onto the couch and flicked through the channels. Pretty little liars had just started I'd missed the first five minutes or so but tuned in quickly.These past few months had been extremely lonely, I wasn't going out anymore because I felt scared to be judged as that girl with the video. Sometimes I just wanted someone to talk to, but I knew I was safe staying in.

It was the last few days of spring break and I was so nervous about going back to school. Before spring break everyone had opinions on what had happened that night that they weren't afraid to share with me, even the teachers knew. I would sit by myself in the lunch room until it all became too much, one girl approached me with three other girls and one of their boyfriends. Called me a slut and pushed me to the ground. My body couldn't be bothered fighting back. From then on I either went home, sat in a toilet cubicle or convinced a teacher to let me eat in her classroom, but I never had friends anymore.

My dad always told me that all i needed was him and I was glad I did.

Dad was home. He dropped his rusty gold keys into a small pot of other random items sitting on a table by the door. As he turned the corner into the kitchen to find me anxiously waiting on my food he couldn't hide the fact that his face was a little more happy than usual. I knew this wasn't the normal way for my dad to act, after so many years of disappointment and anger a smile perched on my dads face was like seeing a platypus perched on our school roof.

"Jayden, I've got some news for you." He said softly.

What on earth could this be? A week away from this shitty town with my mother, because she felt "bad" about leaving me. Or maybe I got a mcflurry added in my meal because of a fifty sense deal, whatever it was I knew I wasn't going to be impressed.

"I've been offered a promotion, only catch is that it's the other side of the country, in San Marcos California." He said as though it was normal.

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I screeched and ran over and practically attacked my dad in hugs. This was the one thing that I needed for my life, a change. And what a place to head. San Marcos, home of surfing, swimming, beach parties and the best coed elite cheerleading team in the world so it seemed, the California allstars smoed.

No more bullies, no more waking up in the middle of the night remembering everything in a montage because they'd found a way into my dreams. No more Jayden the slut with the video, this was a new Jayden, Jayden the champion.

3 weeks later

"Cause here we are again in the middle of the night, dancing round the kitchen in the refrigerator light" I sat hunched in the back of our small car with sharp moving boxes crushing into my sides, sun blasting into my eyes causing them to water because I'd left my only pair of sunglasses in forever 21 that one time, dads cars old radio blasting nickelback over my Taylor swift music since only one headphone really worked, but I didn't care. We'd been travelling from South Carolina to California for four days now and we were nearly there, dad didn't wanna waste money on a plane when we could just drive. Tall buildings looked down to our car as we passed through Nevada and officially entered California, that sign was the thing that kept me going.

A few hours later we finally arrived in our new appartment which we were so lucky to receive as part of dads promotion. My walls were already painted blue and I could finally start setting up my stuff,then it was off the to beach.