Chapter 10

"Heartbreak on a Full Moon" by Chris Brown play softly on my phone as I lay in bed drawing a portrait of someone who I thought I knew. Tears began to form and fall from my cheeks and land on the drawing as I draw detail in the eyes. His eyes. I wasn't trying to upset him, nor did I think he would mind if I asked. Thing is, he's been lying to me this whole time. A call came through my phone. It was the hospital. When I answered the nurse informed me that Camille was in better health and that she's being discharged around noon. I was ecstatic and yet worried at the same time. Her dad was willing to pick her up and drop her off at the apartment where she and I stay at so, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for me to come get her.

Camille's like a sister to me and it wouldn't of been a hassle if you ask me. I guess her father thought it would help and make up for lost time all these days. I had so much on my mind I couldn't let Camille know what I know plus if she say it on my face she'd fuck Maxwell up. She'd protect me from anything and that's why I appreciate her and for all she's done, so when she comes home today I'm going to have a huge smile and a hug waiting just for her. Let's just hope it's not ruined by my face expression because of him.

It's his fault. Two weeks ago Maxwell called me to come outside for he had a surprise waiting for me. I didn't think anything of it and went. As I stepped outside where he was in the driveway standing next to something draped over it. He ripped the drape off as it was a black 4X4 Toyota Tacoma car paid in full and had my nickname in italicized sliver lettering as he handed me the keys. I looked at the car with my keys in hand shocked and yet concerned on why he'd do this. He would always do something just to see me smile and be happy; but to be honest I wasn't really happy, with myself on the inside.

I decided to hop in my car and drive to clear my head. I grabbed my keys and drove off along with the clothes I had that Maxwell bought me. The radio in the car blasted as I turned it down. I drove around the block as I let down my window. The weather was pleasant as my hair blew in my face. When I made it back to the house I put my keys on the hook and stared at the living room as I closed my eyes as images of that night repeatedly replayed in the back of my mind. I slid down to the floor and cried out as my screams echoed the house. Maxwell was at work and pork-chop was sleep in the cage. He didn't seem to mind my screaming for he still was sleeping. He could sleep through a hail storm if he could.

How could he have let this happened?

I couldn't believe what I know now about him. Why did he have to lie about all of it? This isn't about the sex. Don't get me wrong; the sex between us is always good... great even. He has me doing things to my body that I never knew excited. I would be smiling ear to ear every morning in a good mood almost through half the day. I just... I can't... I won't except this. Why me of all people? Why not someone else, who's strong enough to handle this? I knew I should've gone through the rest of those pictures. What I know now about him; I can't even begin to explain in words how I feel.

Two weeks ago:

I woke up feeling sick in the stomach as if I caught the flu or something. I couldn't wait for Camille to see my face as I drive to pick her up. I talked to her father and let him know it was no trouble at all, plus I missed her. When she was discharged from the hospital she looked beautiful than ever. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she had on sweats and a T-Shirt. She looked pale in the face from the lack of food or should I say lack of terrible hospital food they provided for her. She couldn't stand being bedridden for that long. When I suggested we go to a burger restaurant she couldn't run to my car fast enough.

"Wow!, what's this?" she says.

"My new car... Maxwell bought me" I said with excitement as I opened up her side of the door. She smirked at me and stepped in.