Welcome to the Holmes-Watson Residence

Stuffed animals, toys, and scientific equipment were being thrown every which way. John had gone to the grocery store and left Sherlock alone with the kids. It was complete chaos filled with screaming, crying, and trying to avoid a plastic truck to the head. Unbeknownst to Sherlock, Rosie had lost her blanket and was very eager to find it. Suddenly another glass beaker was knocked over and sent glass shards scattering across the kitchen floor.

"ROSIE-"

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!" She let out an ear piercing shriek.

"Please, Rosie! Let's keep our heads on about this," Sherlock pleaded as he scooped up Hamish off the floor.

"Wuush Wosie do in?" Hamish cried out. He was only one year old and couldn't exactly pronounce things properly.

"SHUT UP, HAMISH!" Rosie hurled a stuffed bear at his head but missed and hit Sherlock's face.

Suddenly the door creaked open and Sherlock sighed in relief. He ran as fast as he could to the entrance with Hamish in his arms.

"John!" Sherlock bursted out.

"WHAT THE BLOODY-"

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!" Rosie started to sprint around the room screaming at the top of her lungs.

"SHERLOCK! WHAT HAPPENED?!" John's eyebrows were furrowed and his face was swelling with fury.

Suddenly Hamish leaped out of Sherlock's arms and onto the couch. He started crawling until he stepped on a lego piece and then broke out in tears.

"I DON'T KNOW JOHN! IT'S JUST ONE OF HER TANTRUMS!" Sherlock tried to talk over Rosie's screaming.

"You get Hamish and I'll try to figure out what's the matter with Rosie," John growled.

They split up and were not successful. Rosie kept running away from John and her screaming only intensified. Meanwhile, Hamish's eyes were flooding with tears as he lay paralyzed on the ground. Sherlock tried to reason with him that it was just a little lego block but it only made him cry more.

"ROSIE, WOULD YOU STOP IT!" John kept running after her.

Then he stopped and had a moment of clarity. He ran to his room and brought out a frayed silk blanket. Rosie spotted it and squealed. She sprinted over to John and grabbed the blanket out of his hands.

"Hey, what do we say?" John demanded.

"People are stupid and we shouldn't rely on them," Rosie replied.

"No." John frowned and hoped that Sherlock didn't tell her that.

Rosie rolled her eyes and answered,"May I please have the blanket, dad?"

"Yes, very good." John tousled her hair and handed her the silk throw.

He turned around and saw Sherlock cradling Hamish in his arms. Hamish was sucking on a pacifier as Sherlock brushed the baby hairs out of his face. John suddenly noticed how similar they looked. He had Sherlock's curls and his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey," John whispered as he didn't want Hamish to get scared again.

"Hi," Sherlock whispered back.

"Sorry I yelled." John reached into his pocket and took out a mahogany box with the letters SH on top.

"What's that?"

"Happy Anniversary, Sherlock," John announced as he held out the gift in his hands.

Sherlock blushed and carefully reached out to grab the box. He slowly unlocked the clasp and opened it. Inside was a platinum watch with sparkling silver Roman numerals. It rested on top of a velvety red cushion and inside the top of the box, it read:

Happy Anniversary, Sherlock. I Love you so much! This has been the best year of my life.
- John Holmes-Watson

"John... It's beautiful..." Sherlock mumbled.

"What is it, Sherlock?" John asked with slight concern.

"Oh... it's- it's nothing. I just... I'm sorry, John. I didn't get you anything..."

"Sherlock, that's okay. I have you."

Sherlock put the box down on the table and laced his fingers through John's.

"It really has been the best year of my life John," Sherlock told him.

The two of them looked around. Even though it was a complete mess, it was their home. 221b Baker Street. They looked back at each other and smiled.