Distractions (Part 2)

Sherlock threw the door open and nearly knocked over the coat hanger. John glanced over and continued to type.

"John, you promised you'd be finished," Sherlock complained.

"Well I'm not!" John huffed,"I'm not finished, Sherlock. I'm sorry but you'll just have to sit and watch me alright? I'm almost done."

John stared at the screen trying to recall what he was about to write as Sherlock fished into his pocket for something.

"I am bored." Sherlock shot at his usual spot in the wall.

John jumped in his seat. "CHRIST, SHERLOCK! AT LEAST WARN ME FIRST!"

"Alright. Five minutes or I'm going to take a smoke," Sherlock told John.

John immediately started to type without even responding to Sherlock's threat.

Now the reason Helen came to us a week ago instead of two years ago is because she'd been hearing the same strange noises as Martha did. We asked her more about that and she told us that her room is under construction so she had to move into her sister's room. Moreover, the only way her step-father would allow Helen to get married to her new fiancée, Henry, was if she got work done on her room.

We went over to the Bram-Stone residence to further investigate. We found that Helen's step-father's room was all the way downstairs and every room was sealed shut at night. So we investigated. Sure enough there was no possible way for anyone to get in to any room.

"This is like watching a moron try to solve a puzzle," Sherlock growled, "how much longer?"

"Sherlock!"

"What?"

"That was very rude," John said.

"I'M BORED, JOHN! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, I NEED SOMETHING!" Sherlock shouted.

John frowned at him and Sherlock took a deep breath.

"...I'm..." Sherlock stared at the ground. "I'm sorry..."

"It's alright." John turned away.

   Sherlock said he'd figured it all out once he snuck into the step-father's room and found a bowl of water on the floor. But nonetheless, he wanted an adventure. So we got Helen to sneak back into her old room as Sherlock and I sat and waited in Martha's room. And that's when I realized. The step-father's room was right underneath.

"Done?"

"No, Sherlock. I'll tell you when I'm done." Sherlock sighed.

I wonder if they'll solve it before they read the rest of it, John thought as finished typing.

As Sherlock suspected, after an hour of sitting around, we finally heard hissing and rattling. My stomach began to turn as I looked over and saw Sherlock trembling while clutching onto my arm. It soon poked its head through a hole in he floor and we finally came face-to-face with one of India's most deadliest snakes. The speckled band.

John felt Sherlock stroking his arm and breathing down the side of his neck.

"Sherlock..."

"John." Sherlock kissed John on the cheek, his lips leaving a warm feeling in John's stomach. "Are you sure you're not done?"

John's fingers felt lighter as he typed the final paragraph:

And as always, the world's best consulting detective in the world solved the case of the speckled Bram alongside his brilliant partner, John Watson. As you might suspect, Mr. Bram smuggled a snake from another continent and kept it in his room. He let the snake loose through a hole in his ceiling which lead into Martha's room. He did so that he could inherit the twenty-thousand dollars from her mother and attempted to do the same with Helen.

John scrambled to find the post button and as soon as he clicked it, slammed the screen off and turned to Sherlock.

"Alright." John pressed Sherlock up against the wall and kissed him. "Now I'm done."

"Finally." Sherlock smirked.