Chapter 1

I was this close, this close to talking to her. But, NOPE! I just couldn't do it. Ashley Abrams is the most amazing girl in the whole school, and I can't pull up the nerve to just go over and FREAKING TALK TO THE GIRL! You know that feeling when you know you really wanna do something and your heart is saying "JUST DO IT!", but then your feet are just all like, "NOPE, I'm just gonna go the other way and not let you go over there." So then you end up looking like you have no idea how to walk, and your, oh I don't know, IN HIGH SCHOOL?! Well, that's what happened today. It was Monday, and just like any other teen girl, I was all floppy. When I eventually get up, I realize that I got up late. I ran downstairs, completely ignoring my dad trying to say good morning to me, and ate a banana. Then I took a quick shower and got dressed, then ran out the door, afraid I would miss the train, I called an uber and pretty much screamed in the driver's face "STEP ON IT BUDDY!" So yeah...I guess you could say it was pretty bad.  On the ride there I pull out my phone and start texting Andy, my best friend since 1st grade. He is amazing. I couldn't ask for another bestie. "I'm running late, cover for me?" I text, and being Andy, and having no life, he answers right away, "okay, we got a code red, I got this." I have no idea what a code red is, but I'm just hoping it's a plan that might just work.