Chapter 1

"Please come with me!" Char grabs my arm trying to pull me off the comfortable leather couch in my living room.

"Hell no. It's Saturday and I am staying indoors" I state while shoving popcorn in my mouth. There was no way I was getting up off this couch and going to the beach. I have always hated that place. I always either get sunburned or end up getting sand in places where sand should not be.

"Come on Kayla. Summer literally just started and you are already staying indoors lying around like the whale you are", she teases. Her blonde hair is perfectly curled as she stands in front of me wearing a t-shirt over her hot pink bikini. 

"Seriously you haven't been to the beach in like a year and plus I really don't feel like going alone!" I look up at her and she is sticking out her bottom look and attempting to give me her innocent look. 

"Ugh, fine", I look over and she is literally on her feet smiling ear to ear.

"You look like a rapist right now Char" I laugh and get off the couch that I was planning to spend the rest of my day on. I run up the wooden stairs of my somewhat large house to my bedroom and put on my favorite bikini from Forever 21. I look in the mirror and put my long ombred hair in a messy bun before running downstairs to meet Char.

"Damn that bathing suit looks good!" She practically yells when she sees me at the foot of the stairs.

"Thanks" I say silently before grabbing some towels from the hallway closet and putting on my t-shirt.

We head out the door and walk down to the sidewalk, starting our ten minute walk to the beach. I'm not sure why I chose an apartement close to the beach to live in, seeing that I never actually go to the beach.  

"So we are meeting everyone there?" I ask hoping that it will just be us two, not our whole group of obnoxious friends.

"Ya I'll text Dylan that we are on the way" She pulls out her pink bedazzled iPhone and texts her rude boyfriend as the sand comes into view.

"I think we are gonna be on the boat today." She states as we walk onto the hot sand towards the docks.

"I hate the boat" 

"I think you use the word hate in every sentence" She smiles at me. I always wonder how someone like me could have a friend so bubbly and hyper as her. I guess we balance each other out, me bringing laziness and hate, and her bringing excitement and happiness.

"You know me so well" I laugh at the statements falsity. She knows me more than anyone, but there is still so much she doesn't and won't ever know.

"There they are!" Char says when we see Dylan's wave of brown hair across the docks. She practically skips over to her boyfriend and kisses his cheek.

"Hey babe" She gushes, kissing him on the lips this time. He looks down at her with an uninterested look on his face. God he is such a dick.

"Hey." He wraps his arm around her waist and leads her into the obnoxiously large party boat, me trailing behind awkwardly, as usual. I set my bag of towels down and sit staring out into the ocean This is gonna be a long day I think with a sigh.