Chapter Six

Chris’ POV

Mama called me over to her house for dinner and she told me Taylor and her family is coming along with Mariah and her son. She told me to dress semi formal for some reason. When it was five on the dot I left my house and drove over to the big house I bought for her.

Dinner doesn’t start until six thirty but I was hoping that when Mariah comes we would get the chance to talk. 

"He mama,"I said as I walked in and hugged her.

"Hey baby."she smiled ,"can you and Taylor set up the table? Be sure to set it for Mariah and her son too."

"Sure."

I walked to the dining room and greeted Taylor with a hug.

"So Chris."she said," have you gone out with Mariah yet?"

"Naw. It’s like she is always busy or some shit like that."

"You call or text her or anything?"

"I mean… Yeah but that’s nothing. I’m actually scared to meet her son."

She giggled,”Why?”

I shrugged,”This shit is taking too damn long when she gets here imma be like, Yo baby I’m taking you out Friday night so wassup?”

The doorbell rang and Taylor laughed as she walked over to he door to answer it. I watched as Mariah walked in holding her son’s hand. She walked over to me and smiled.

I smiled back then gave her a hug but I pulled away when her son poked my thigh.

"Are you my moms boyfriend?"he asked.

I looked at Mariah who smiled and I chuckled and squatted down to his height level.

"No, but I wish I was." I said.

He answered,” I don’t.”

"Why not little man?"

"Because I don’t want her near mean boys like you!"

Mariah gasped,” Tyson! That was rude and uncalled for. Apologize to Chris. Right now!”

"No it’s okay Mariah."I said

"But mommy-"

"Boy don’t test me!"she warned.

Damn. It’s like that?

Tyson lowered his shoulders and hung his head low and said”I’m sorry Mr.Chris.”

"Aye don’t worry about it Little Man."

Mariah’s POV

"I’m sorry Chris, he’s usually not like that." I said looking down at Tyson who was crossing his arms and had an angry look on his face.

Any time Tyson goes over to Rodney’s house he always comes back angry for a few days. I don’t want to stop Rodney from spending time with his son but at the same time I can’t keep dealing with Tyson’s emotions EVERY time he comes back from a visit. Got damn…

"Tyson, come upstairs with me so we can go play with Camille.", Taylor said taking Tyson upstairs with her.

"It’s cool, I was the same way with my moms boyfriends."he said.

"Woah Chris you are NOT my boyfriend," I smiled.

"Well how could I be with the way you never wanna go out with me."he smirked.

" It’s not like I don’t want to, it’s just that I’m always so damn busy. You understand right? Mr-famous-R&B-singer."

"If I’m able to make time then you should be able to as well."

"But-"

"Great, I’ll pick you up tomorrow night at eight."he smirked before walking into the kitchen.

He thinks he is sooo slick. I laughed to myself then finished setting the rest of the table that Chris and Taylor forgot about. Mama J walked over to me smiling.

"I heard the news."she smiled.

I giggled,”Oh God. He didn’t even give me a chance to respond but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to go on at least one date with him. I hope it’s okay with you Mama. I don’t wanna do anything to upset you. “

"Mariah, you think I would let you in my house if I didn’t accept you? Don’t worry baby, you go out tomorrow night and have a good time. In fact I’ll even watch Tyson for you."

"Really? You would do that for me!"

"Of course but, tonight I have some really exciting news so thats why I called everyone over here."

We sat at the dining table in complete silence until I asked, “Can I ask you something? Like advice?”

"You know damn well that was a stupid question Mariah. Tell me what’s wrong."

"It’s just…. every time Tyson goes over to Rodney’s house he goes back with such a bad attitude. Like, I don’t know what goes on over there but I would hope it’s not something… bad. You know what I mean?"

She nodded,” See, the world has two types of people when it comes to children Mariah. There’s the type of people that will whatever it takes to keep their child safe and out of harms way, and there’s people who really don’t give a shit about their kids. Now ask yourself, what kind of parent is Rodney?”

I thought for awhile then sighed,” See that’s the thing. I honestly don’t know. After what Rodney did to me when I was pregnant, I haven’t really trusted him but I don’t wanna be the one to take his son away from him if he has done nothing wrong. I’ve never stayed over there with Tyson to witness any wrong doing I just know that hoe he lives with that he is considering marrying, is a stripper.”

"Christina? He’s still with her?"she asked.

I nodded.

"Well, for now all we can do is pray that we can get to the bottom of things but like I said, I’m okay with you and Chris going out I just don’t want him involved with all that drama. Who knows what could be behind all this."