His Heart Destroyed In Battle

The battle raged on for a while now. Naraku had caught them by surprise this time. Inuyasha made sure to keep Kagome in his sights as he saw her shooting arrows left and right.

Shippo was sending fire where ever he ran. The brat got stronger,  Inuyasha thought as he dodged another tendril that would have been the end of him. The hanyou saw the tendril head for Sango and was about to run to her when Miroku had already beat him to it.

Kirara didn't like that and bit the tendril off with anger clear in her crimson eyes.

A deep chuckle made them all glare up the spider hanyou that just gave them a happy smirk. "Tired?" Naraku taunted as he crossed his arms and watched the pack all give him a venomous glare that each rivaled there hatred for him.

Inuyasha - For his lost love

Kagome - For hurting the man she loved

Sango - For killing her clan and controlling her brother

Miroku - For giving him the curse of the Wind Tunnel

The young fox demon - For hurting his family (The Inu gang)

And the nekomata - For messing with her mistress and taking the boy

He revaled in their hatred for him. It was what made him want to cause others even more pain. It was just delicious. All he needed was to add icing to the cake and then he would get what he wanted more than anything.

A Broken Inuyasha.

The hanyou was too cocky. He needed to put down a notch. And Naraku knew just the way to do it.

None of them saw it coming. It was so surprising as they all turned at the sound of Kagome's pained scream. The future priestess had a tendril sticking from her chest. Her blue eyes were glazing over and losing their luster. Her skin was already paler than it usually was. Kagome was impaled.

Nobody moved for a second, hoping that it was just a real bad nightmare, but when Kagome spat up some blood... Reality had set in.

"KAGOME!!!!"

Inuyasha ran to the girl as tendril that struck her tore itself from her heart and let her fall into the inu-hanyou's arms. The others were not to far behind as Naraku disappeared back to watch it all. Soaking up the misery that would follow the priestess's demise.

Kagome looked up to see her friend's panicked faces and wanted to help them let her go. They needed to move on. It was her time to go.

It was fate.

"Kagome! Don't panic, okay?! We'll get you to Kaede's and she'll fi-" Inuyasha's stopped when Kagome held up a weak hand and slowly shook her head causing them all to start crying, sobbing, begging for her to let them help her but she just shook her head and opened her mouth to speak.

"It's o... Kay... It'll be... alright... I'll be fine.... " They all winced when she gave a horrid cough that had her whimpering before she continued."There will... Be a new.... Protector of the Jewel... You'll have to guide.... Her... And p.... Protect her..." "No! We won't! You're gonna live and then we won't have to worry about someone else!" "LISTEN!!" They all stopped everything to listen to the dying priestess and her dying request.

"Take care... Of her..." Kagome turned to Miroku and Sango "Tell each other... How you... Feel... Love one another... Miroku don't... Cheat... Alright..?" She gave a weak joke but it made the two laugh as they nodded to her then she turned to Shippo "Be a good... Boy baby.... Take care of... Inuyasha..  Don't... Let him... Wallow around... Alright..?" Shippo nodded then gave Kirara an affectionate pat on the head. She then turned to the love of her life.

"Inuyasha.... I love you... So much. .. I know we.... Had our fights... But I've... Always loved you... Please don't.... Blame... Yourself.... Okay...? " Was the last thing she said as Kagome took her last breath.

" KAGOME!!!!!!! "

Nadeshiko gasped as she awoke from her dream/nightmare. The girl sat up in her bed.

" I really need to stop eating sweets before bed. "