16

"Is it always going to hurt like this? Am I always going to have to pretend that this..this shit that you did to me doesn't effect me?" Tears slid down her face as the sky poured down with tears of it's own. "I can't let you do this to me anymore, I can't let you keep walking in and out of my life whenever you want to!"
He stood still with his back to her, yet even through the rain she could see his shoulder shake with a shrug before he turned to face her. Although, she couldn't distinguish between the rain or his tears.
"I never meant to hurt you," his voice cracked as he attempted to obtain his calm composure. "I loved you so much and for the first time I actually was happy." He chuckled lightly, tears still slipping down his face. "But, I guess somewhere along the way I took you for granted and I'm sorry."
She raised her dark brown eyes to meet his golden ones for the last time before she spoke, "I am too." And with a turn of her heel she walked away, leaving him to stand alone just as he had done to her time and time before. But even then in a fleeting moment of hesitation, both of them knew they finally lost each other...they had finally lost the love.
~Excerpt from a book I'll never write