Chapter 6: Rain Clouds

Roman's Pov:
Another day has ended, finally. I was back in my room and to myself. I could finally be away from everyone that way they don't have to deal with me, a depressed person. Someone, they would worry about too much and that's not what I want. It would make me feel more stressed and make me look like a attention seeker.

Go to my bed and lay down there, my pillows like a warm summer cloud and my blanket like a comforting hug. My room is the only place where I feel safe, everywhere else is just...it's too much for me to handle. Why am I even putting up with this, I would help Thomas if I...no keep those thoughts away from me! I want to continue to fight and live! Although...what's the point?

I keep pulling back Thomas from making great decisions and for a better future. I keep lying to Patton a lot about my feelings. I keep being a jerk to Virgil...and Logan? I'm a complete idiot for avoiding him. It was a little fight and could be solve easier. Who am I kidding? I keep making everything go bad. Not even Deceit is the bad guy here, I am. I'm glad that I told everyone that I wanted to rest.

They can leave me alone and they won't have to deal with me for what? Minutes? Hours? I certainly hate my life and myself. Everywhere I go see a gloomy, dark, and boring world even when the sun shines. I feel sad in the happiest moments. Which makes me question myself, will I ever be happy? Of course not, I don't deserve happiness. I begin to tear up and I feel a single tear roll down my cheek.

I deserve to di-no...don't say that! I want to fight! I hear a knock on the door and rush to make myself go to sleep. "Roman? He's asleep right and he looks so peaceful in his sleep. I'll just leave a note." I hear someone say, it's Patton's voice. I hear the door close and I sit up, rubbing my eyes so I can stop crying.

I look at bed and see a box with a note on top. I grab the note and read it while opening the box. "Some of this old stuff might interest you so feel free to keep it! After all, I'll throw the rest away. ~ Patton" the note read and I tossed it aside. I looked inside and then first thing I saw was rope. I picked it up and just stared at it.

Maybe I could...no! I will not do that! Everyone sees me as a Royal, A Prince! I will not let myself look weak even if I am. I try to put the rope back but I couldn't. My mind kept telling me to keep it. It felt as if my hand wouldn't let go. "Oh poppycock!" I mumbled to myself. "Who knows it may be useful, keep it." A voice said. Why does that voice sound so familiar?

I sighed and put the rope in my closet. "Maybe this rope can free you one day." The voice added. Yeah, maybe one day I can be free from the rain clouds. Maybe I can be free from this world...and maybe everyone can be free from me...