Chapter 2

I sat next to Rin in Hiyama's class.

I cringed when I saw Miku and Kaito cuddling and poking each other playfully. Then, their lips met and my heart shattered into a million pieces. I wished I could have been there in place of...

"Len, hey, Len!" Rin whispered loudly.

She noticed me staring again, being the detective that she was, and began poking me with her orange pencil. But I ignored her.

"You're the number one princess in the world, you know that?" Kaito said as he planted a kiss on Miku's head.

"Teehee! I know," Miku giggled.

I heaved a deep, disappointed sigh.

Miku must have noticed because she flashed me a flirty smile and waved.

This was bad.

I merely grimaced and finally looked away.

Thankfully, the bell rang soon afterwards.

"All right class, have a nice weekend," Hiyama said.

Everyone bolted out of the classroom immediately like trails of ants but I made sure to get to the door before any of them did, not wanting to walk with Rin or walk past Miku and Kaito.

Just as I was making my way home, Rin tackled me. Her squeaky voice piercing my ears: "Leeeeen!"

"Oh, hey, Rin."

"You were walking so fast. Didn't you want to walk home with me?"

"Well, that's why I'm doing it right now," I replied nonchalantly.

"Oh, don't be like that! Who's your number one princess? Come on, who is it?" she coaxed.

"You are, Rin," I said, smiling slightly. "But make no mistake. That makes me the prince, not the servant."

"Len, you're silly. Anyway, I was thinking, since it's almost Valentine's Day, maybe you'd like to do something over the weekend at the park?"

"Sure, Rin," I replied. Perhaps this would get my mind off of you-know-who.

"Great! Love you," she chirped as she gave me a peck.