Chapter 5

'So, the four species live next to each other in peace but werewolves and vampires don't like each other and the same counts for the fae and witches?' I ask confused. He nods in affirmation and leans down until he is a few inches away from me.

Ethan has been explaining how the four species live with eachother and who can't stand who and why they don't like each other. I listened closely to everything he has told me, taking in everything he said. Eagerly taking every new piece of information and memorising it.

He has been really patience with me and has answered all question I had. 'But you still haven't told me about mates, that was what we originally were going to talk about, wasn't it?' I ask with a knowing smile.

He has told me almost everything about the supernatural world. Except about the mate thing, he was deliberately avoiding the subject. He scratches the back of his neck.
It is somthing, I noticed, he does everytime when he feels uncomfortable.

I turn to him while keeping my eyes on his face, looking for a clue why he was trying to avoid the subject. 'If you can't tell me, maybe I can ask Aiden to tell me.' I jump slightly when he growls loudly and he puts his arms around me. I'm pressed up to his chest, feeling his heat through my shirt on my back and strangely enough I feel the need to press myself even closer.

Ignoring that need I stay where I am.'You can't do that. I'm your mate, not him!' he states possessive while his hold on me tightens. giving him a confused look I free myself from his embrace. 'If you don't want him telling me than you should do it.' He doesn't make a attempt to start his explanation.

'Please.' I add in a low voice because I need to know. I need to know why I feel like this, like I have known Ethan my whole life and why there are sparks when we touch. I look desperately at him and hold his gaze. His eyes soften when he sees my inner fight, which I don't try to hide from him.

'Okay, Okay. You win I will tell you.' He sighs with a frown on his face which he replaces quickly with a sly smirk. 'But only if I can hold you when I tell you everything.' A small voice in my head tells me to just do it but another one tells me to do the exact opposite. 'I can't.' I eventually answer him softly. He looks at me with a sad smile and nods reassuring at me. 'It's okay. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do.' he gives me a small smile before he sighs.

'Mates... How do I explain this without sounding like a lunatic. Well, werewolves believe that our souls are devided into two piece. Those two pieces have to search each other to feel whole again. It is the only person with whom they can be truly happy and be themself. We find our mates because of how they smell. Their smell is sweet and exotic. If mates touch each other, they feel sparks running from the place they touch through their whole body. The matingprocess has a few steps, three to be exact. The first mark, the second Mark and then you have the last step; the mating itself. The mating process is for werewolves very important and is often equal to marriage.' he breathes in and looks me in the eye before continues.

'I know that this sound crazy for you because you haven't grown up with our believes but if you can, I hope you can accept this and belief it.' I sit still and look ahead of me. I have no idea what I should think of his explaination. It sounds so surreal but with everything that has happend to me what doesn't sound crazy anymore?

'So... I'm your mate?' I ask to break the awkard silence between us. He nods at me with a weak smile and hopefull eyes. 'Are you sure because as far as I know I'm a vampire and not a werewolf.' I say softly with a little bit of fear in my voice.

He extends his arm at me when I ask him this but he lets it fall down when he notices what he is doing. 'If there is one thing I'm one hundred percent sure of than it is that you are my mate.' He states cofident and a determant glint flashes in his eyes.

'Annistyn, I know that you feel the sparks whenever I touch you-' he grabs my hand while saying this, 'and I know that you feel attracted to even if when you don't know why or even when you don't want to. I see the doubt and see you struggle with yourself everytime I touche you and I'm sorry for that but you need to know that I like you, I liked you the moment that I set my eyes on you even when I heard what had happenend between you and Aiden.'

he looks me in the eyes and inches closer to whisper something my ear. 'Little red, you are my mate without a doubt.' a shiver runs down my back while I swallow loudly. 'You said that the matingprocess is equal to marriage but we don't have to do it, right?'