Baby Be Mine

When I awoke, I heard soft singing and felt a pair of eyes staring at me.

"Ugh." I groaned. I looked to my left and was surprised to see Michael sitting in a chair, smiling.

"Hey, kiddo. Are you okay? You kind of... um... passed out." He looked worried.

I tried to sit up, but the pounding in my head stopped me from moving. "Shit."

The second I mumbled the onscenity, a large white hand shot to my mouth. "Wendy, please don't swear." His eyebrows furrowed, and I smiled and nodded my head.

I sighed and looked around. Michael was staring at me with a childlike confused look on his face. "Is there a problem, Michael?"

He quickly shook his head and looked in another direction.

We sat in silence for a moment until there was a hard knock at my door. "Come in!" I called.

"Mr.Jackson, it's time for us to leave. The car is ready out back." A goon said as he peeked his head through the space if the open door.

Michael nodded and quickly got up. He crossed over to the right side of my bed, put a hand on the top of my head, and kissed my forehead. "I have your room number so I'll call you okay?"

I looked into his eyes, surprised, and I nodded in agreement. 

He smiled and bit his bottom lip and he left my room, softly closing the door behind him.

I let out a shaky breath and rolled my eyes. Damn Michael.

~~~~~~~

After a long night of wanting to punch myself for having a crush on Michael, I finally got about 5 restless hours of sleep.

I had a dream about my 8th grade year. I looked in the mirror and I was a big as a whale. I had fresh cuts all over my body and i kept hearing my mom yelling obscenities at me. "Youre a lazy piece of shit, Wendy! You'll never be anything. Youre ugly, and fat, and stupid, and worthless."

My eyes shot open and I shot up. I was sweating and trying to catch my breath. I put my hand on my heart and tried to calm myself down when the phone rang, scaring me half to death.

I picked up the receiver and put it to my ear. "H-Hello?"

"Hi Wendy!"

I smiled. "Hi Michael. What's going on?" Why am I so lame?

He chuckled. "Nothing much. I was wondering if you were going to be going home tonight."

He's probably sick of seeing a whale in a people's hospital. "No, I don't think so."

The tone of his voice changed, and I could tell he was smiling. "Okay. I was thinking I could come over again tonight, and we can talk some more."

He wants to know why you'd let yourself get so fat. "Um. Sure, I mean, if you want to."

"Great! I'll be there later tonight."

I hate to admit it, but I was jumping out of my skin with excitement. I went and took a long shower to make sure I smelled great, and let my shoulder length curly hair air dry instead of braiding it. After I was done primping I even ate a few bites of food.

I was ready to see his adorable smile and hear his beautiful voice.

Hours past and my evil thoughts kept taunting me.

9 p.m. maybe he's running late.

10 p.m. Traffic, duh.

11 p.m. He's not coming.

12 a.m. He's definitely not coming.

A few tears rolled down my cheek as the clock got closer and closer to 1 a.m.  Why would you get your hopes up, anyway? Michael would never want a fat bitch like you.

I stood up and walked to the mirror in my room. "God Wendy, you're huge." I whispered to myself. I pulled at the fat on my arms and legs and stomach. "Youre disgusting. No one will ever want a fat waste if space like you." Without thinking, I went to the razor I had stashed in a school bag, and pressed the cold blade to my skin.

I made 20 marks on my stomach, carved "Fat" into my hip, and made a few small slashes on my wrists.

I started to clean the blood up from the sink and bandage myself.

I crawled into the thin hospital bed and slipped into a deep sleep.

Michael's not coming back. He doesnt want you. He only dates beatiful skinny girls, not fat disgraces like you.

■■■■■■■■■■■■

Okay, vote and review please? ♥Darrien