Meeting the Legendary Bandit

"Grandpa! Wake up! Breakfast ready!" I called out to him as I went to wake up grandpa for he was suppose to have company today.

I knock on the door as I was waiting for a response to allow me entrance into his room. However, no sound was heard as I slowly and politely sliding the door open to still see a sleepy grandpa in his futon.

I blink to look at his desk to see a bunch of paperworks and many more that I have no knowledge of. Slowly crawling to the elderly Shepherd, I shook him a bit to see if he will respond, but no reaction from him.

"Grandpa, wake up or else Uncle Rei will eat everything off the table." Stating the obvious as grandpa jerks straight up and ran for the dining room.

I couldn't help but giggle at his reaction, sure, grandpa maybe the chief and eldest of all the other sheep, but he sure does have a lot of energy for an elder. I fold his bed and put it away for his meeting later in the afternoon. Then I begin to make my way over to the dining room to see my only two relatives.

"Took you long enough, Ren'Ya. What were you doing when you came to wake me up?" A gentle and humorous tone from grandpa.

Korei Kizuna, the current Shepherd who has a lot of energy and humors for an elder. He is also my grandpa from my dad's side of the family, which is the main branch. He teaches me the history of our village and title as Shepherd for I am the next heiress in line to recieve the title from the elderly chief.

"The kiddo was putting away your stuff, stupid old man. Since you just took off like the ol' lightning sheep you are suppose to be." A grouchy and sarcastic tone stated as grandpa just huff and sigh at the same time, causing me to giggle at their usual routine of the morning.

Last but not least, my very cool and awesome uncle, Reishiki Kizuna, who was suppose to be declared as heir and title of Shepherd. However, he stepped down for he didn't want the responsibilty as Shepherd. He teaches me out family's martial art that runs through our bloodline as the Kizuna clan. The coolest thing about him is that he's one of the elite vanguards who protects the peace whilst hunting and slaying enemies who tries to bring harm to the village.

From all the other herd of sheep, I was consider as a black sheep in the clan as I stood out the most from everybody. Everyone shun me a lot for they said I was nothing but a mistake and trouble.

However, my family never did as they said that a child being a black sheep is very rare for a black sheep are not born every five hundred years or so. But, let's get back to the subject where my relatives are talking back and forth in the dining room.

"I dare you say that to me again, boy." Grandpa challenges him as my uncle just blinks his eyes at him.

Sadly, uncle said nothing, but just eat his meal in peace while shaking his head at the older man. I, however, tried not to laugh at this as I know that Uncle Rei has nothing to make a comeback to grandpa. Unle Rei was playfully glaring at my attempt to not laugh at him.

"Thought so." The Shepherd said while feeling proud that he was able to shush uncle up for once.

I giggle at the two older rams as we ate our breakfast in peace and get going to do our stuff for the day. As I was currently doing dishes. Grandpa was in his room to get everything prepare for the meeting while Uncle Rei has to go to the dojo to teach other lambs who wants to be elite vanguards. I got done with the dishes and made my way to the backyard, which is closer to my room, to check on the plants that I have been growing for the past three years.